~ Expecting Our Rainbow Babies ~ May chat - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

#31 of 97 Old 05-21-2014, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Yes, DH and I both had genetic testing done. They were supposed to run tests on the tissue from my last miscarriage too, but that got sent to the wrong lab and genetic tests were not run. I was tested for a number of blood clotting and immune disorders too and nothing conclusive was found. Nevertheless, I am taking baby aspirin now for clotting and progesterone for the first trimester. I have an ultrasound tomorrow (at 10 weeks) to confirm the viability of this pregnancy. If not viable, I will stop the progesterone, probably schedule a D&C, and reconsider whether we really want to go through this yet again. I am convinced though that this pregnancy has developed farther than the last one, which was essentially a blighted ovum.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 97 Old 05-21-2014, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

NSmomtobe - :Hug Sounds like the same round of tests I had.  And the same boat with decision making.  Here's hoping your ten week appointment has good news and you won't be faced with more limbo and hard decisions.  I can't help but wonder why I am putting myself through this again, but I suppose there is a chance that all will work out and we will have a lovely little baby in our arms.  If this one doesn't work out I'm not sure I can try again.  

Aug 2009;  DS1 Sep 2010; Dec 2012; Dec 2013; May 2014
#33 of 97 Old 05-21-2014, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRMum View Post

Hi All I remember some of you and certainly remember you NSmomtobe.  Thanks for taking on the thread.  So I am Expecting #2 after 3 losses.  EDD January 18.  I've also found out, since I last shared with you all, that I have mosaic turner's syndrome which is a fairly rare genetic disorder.  I'm lucky in that I do not have some of the debilitating symptoms of the syndrome, but I do have some effects including recurrent pregnancy loss.  But, here we go again.  Glad to have you all to share this with. 

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Sorry about your losses and sorry to hear you have a genetic disorder. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

Yes, DH and I both had genetic testing done. They were supposed to run tests on the tissue from my last miscarriage too, but that got sent to the wrong lab and genetic tests were not run. I was tested for a number of blood clotting and immune disorders too and nothing conclusive was found. Nevertheless, I am taking baby aspirin now for clotting and progesterone for the first trimester. I have an ultrasound tomorrow (at 10 weeks) to confirm the viability of this pregnancy. If not viable, I will stop the progesterone, probably schedule a D&C, and reconsider whether we really want to go through this yet again. I am convinced though that this pregnancy has developed farther than the last one, which was essentially a blighted ovum.

Wishing you lots of luck with your 10 week ultrasound!!! 

21 22
(July 2011)
(March 18,2014) (5 Weeks 5 Days)
Expecting #2 December 23,2014
#34 of 97 Old 05-21-2014, 08:18 PM

NSmomtobe, I hope your u/s goes well tomorrow!

Wife to DH for 17 years, homeschooling mom to 3 girls (15, 13, 12), 2 boys (11, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). baby girl 10/31/13. (11 wk mc 6/25/14). Waiting to miscarry again, October 2014.
#35 of 97 Old 05-22-2014, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Ultrasound showed one baby measuring right on time at 10w1d with a heartbeat and I could see its hand moving. Not as active as DS was during his early ultrasound, but maybe that's a good sign (calmer child). The technician spent a lot of time trying to take pictures of my ovaries. I'm not sure what that was about, but I will ask my doctor when I see him next week.

laylasmommy2011 likes this.

#36 of 97 Old 05-22-2014, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Hi.  I would like to join. My first baby Madara was still born 9/24/2013.  Our new baby I am guessing will be due Jan. 22.  But since we are going to take them out around 38 weeks induced I am hoping he or she will be born Jan. 5, 2015!  I have my first baby appointment on Tuesday cannot wait. I am 5 weeks pregnant today.Thank you NSmomtobe for telling me in hope healing and conceiving forum about this group.  I didn't know about it!  I joined the due date club for Jan too.  I love this mothering group!  I want to wish everyone in the group good luck and happy healthy babies, I know you all deserve it!  I was reading all your posts and it looks like a lot of struggles to get to this point.  I really hope all our babies are healthy!

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013 
#37 of 97 Old 05-22-2014, 10:07 AM

NSmomtobe - that's great news!  I'm so happy to hear it, and while I know the relief is probably not complete, I hope these results give you some peace.

liladancing - Welcome, glad you are here.  I'm due in January too, hope we make it all the way there together!

For me.  The last couple of days I've been struggling with cramping, which is worrying me, but could be totally normal.  My appointment isn't until Wed.  This is been such a long week of waiting, wondering and keeping this news from everyone. 

liladancing likes this.

#38 of 97 Old 05-22-2014, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Lila, welcome! I remember you from HH&C.
liladancing likes this.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#39 of 97 Old 05-22-2014, 03:25 PM

@NSmomtobe, I am so pleased to hear your U/S went well.   Babyès hand was moving?

Amazing!

@liladancing, congratulations on your recent beansprout!  I hope everything goes well.  I just noticed all the rainbow babies up there at the top.

It makes me less worried and fearful of things going horribly wrong.

All the best to you,

and everyone else.

liladancing likes this.
#40 of 97 Old 05-22-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:

Ultrasound showed one baby measuring right on time at 10w1d with a heartbeat and I could see its hand moving. Not as active as DS was during his early ultrasound, but maybe that's a good sign (calmer child). The technician spent a lot of time trying to take pictures of my ovaries. I'm not sure what that was about, but I will ask my doctor when I see him next week.

YAY!!! That's great news,so happy for you!!!! Did they happen to tell you the BPM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liladancing View Post

Hi.  I would like to join. My first baby Madara was still born 9/24/2013.  Our new baby I am guessing will be due Jan. 22.  But since we are going to take them out around 38 weeks induced I am hoping he or she will be born Jan. 5, 2015!  I have my first baby appointment on Tuesday cannot wait. I am 5 weeks pregnant today.Thank you NSmomtobe for telling me in hope healing and conceiving forum about this group.  I didn't know about it!  I joined the due date club for Jan too.  I love this mothering group!  I want to wish everyone in the group good luck and happy healthy babies, I know you all deserve it!  I was reading all your posts and it looks like a lot of struggles to get to this point.  I really hope all our babies are healthy!

Sorry to hear about sweet Madara. God bless. Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

So I have my 2nd ultrasound tomorrow to check viability and growth and to finally hear the heartbeat!!!! I'm so excited. 

liladancing likes this.

21 22
(July 2011)
#41 of 97 Old 05-23-2014, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by liladancing View Post

Welcome, liladancing! I'm glad to see you here after everything you have been through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRMum View Post

NSmomtobe - that's great news!  I'm so happy to hear it, and while I know the relief is probably not complete, I hope these results give you some peace.

For me.  The last couple of days I've been struggling with cramping, which is worrying me, but could be totally normal.  My appointment isn't until Wed.  This is been such a long week of waiting, wondering and keeping this news from everyone. 

Thanks, RRMum. It is helpful to know that there is a baby in there, especially when I am feeling sick and tired--it's for a good reason. I have been cramping on and off since the beginning, and obviously it doesn't mean anything bad. I have had cramping at the beginning of all my pregnancies, so I think it is normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetface View Post

@NSmomtobe, I am so pleased to hear your U/S went well.   Babyès hand was moving?

Amazing!

Yes, the baby's hand was moving. It was the first thing I noticed when the technician turned the monitor on for me. Of course I know (from experience) that she wouldn't have turned on the monitor if she hadn't already assessed that everything looked all right. She was actually the same technician we had back in December when I went in to see if that pregnancy was viable. I knew the answer already, but I begged her not to send me away without an answer, so she went and got a doctor to come talk to me since they aren't technically allowed to say anything. 

This time, she showed us the flickering heartbeat though and told us that baby measured 10w1d. Then she spent a really long time trying to get a clear shot of my ovaries.

Now I worry that the baby wasn't moving enough--my son moved arms and legs constantly during my first ultrasound with him, but he was a week older (11 weeks). Then again, this baby could have been just waking up. It was 8:30 in the morning!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaylasMommy2011 View Post

YAY!!! That's great news,so happy for you!!!! Did they happen to tell you the BPM?

So I have my 2nd ultrasound tomorrow to check viability and growth and to finally hear the heartbeat!!!! I'm so excited. 

She did not tell BPM. I'm not sure whether she even calculated it. If she did, it would be in the report sent to my doctor, who I plan to see on Monday.

How did your appointment today go?

#42 of 97 Old 05-23-2014, 08:32 PM

Had my ultrasound today. Didn't get much info  but baby is growing well and measuring spot on. We saw the heartbeat again. Didn't get to hear it.:( But we did get to see baby moving little arms,legs, and lifting it's butt.       *

21 22
(July 2011)
#43 of 97 Old 05-24-2014, 08:52 AM

Laylasmommy: Great ultrasound! I love seeing all of this good news. It's so encouraging.

I have my first ultrasound next Wednesday. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I want DH to be there with me for it. If it's good news, I want him to share it; if it's bad news, I need him to be with me. I lent my doppler to someone at church and I've asked if she could bring it on Sunday. I want to see if I can try to get a hb this week. She's like 24-26 weeks now so she doesn't really need it anymore.

Wife to DH for 17 years, homeschooling mom to 3 girls (15, 13, 12), 2 boys (11, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). baby girl 10/31/13. (11 wk mc 6/25/14). Waiting to miscarry again, October 2014.
#44 of 97 Old 05-26-2014, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

LaylasMommy, I'm glad you had a good ultrasound! It sounds like your LO was more active than mine.

M Anna, good luck on Wednesday!

I had a prenatal appointment today. There was nothing interesting in my ultrasound results. Both ovaries were normal. (I was worried something was wrong because she spent SO MUCH time looking at them). The doctor decided to listen to the heart beat via doppler, which surprised me because he has previously refused to try before 12 weeks. He warned me not to be concerned if we couldn't hear it, and then it took a really long time and I thought he might give up. We could hear my heart beat nice and strong, but eventually there was a whiplike sound, and he said, "That's it!" He counted and said, "it's fast, but it's still very small." FHR = 180. Fundal height = 13 cm. I had been concerned because I cannot feel my uterus at all. Also, I thought I might be feeling the baby move last week, and this week, I'm not, so I have been worried that something happened since the ultrasound. Which would be especially bad since we have started telling people.

liladancing likes this.

#45 of 97 Old 05-26-2014, 04:43 PM

Aaaaand, my 7 y/o looks like he probably has Fifth Disease. :( None of the other kids have had it to my knowledge. I hope and pray I've had it myself. I'm taking him in first thing in the morning to see if he does have it. If he does (probably), then when I go in for my appt the next morning I'll have the doctor draw titers. Lord have mercy. Trying not to freak out.

#46 of 97 Old 05-26-2014, 08:53 PM

M anna I hope it turns out all right. I don't know what test you are taking but I hope your doctor helps you and all is well.

#47 of 97 Old 05-27-2014, 09:34 AM

Scary!  Not sure if it will make you feel any better, but a few years ago I was on a winter vacation with three families staying in one house.  One kid was horribly sick (later we found is was fifth's), none of the other five children or adults contracted it even though we were staying in very crowded house and sharing everything.  I hope you don't have it either!

#48 of 97 Old 05-27-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:

I had a prenatal appointment today. There was nothing interesting in my ultrasound results.

Yay! I'm so glad to hear this and the other encouraging news. 

My first appointment is tomorrow.  I'm really ready to see some evidence of what is going on (for better or worse).  Unfortunately, I've been bleeding off and on for the last two weeks, it's pretty light, but still really discouraging.  This also happened when I was pregnant with DS#1, but it didn't start until week seven, and it was different, heavier.  When i had an early Ultrasound then, it showed that he was a little small and weak, they didn't think he was going to make it, but he recovered and caught up, and he's here with me.  I'm afraid to be hopeful and afraid to have to say goodbye to another baby and possibility to grow our family.  I'm struggling to sleep and struggling to participate in life. I think I've neglected to properly grieve the last two as I was too musy trying to be a mom and keep my career from taking a fatal nose dive.  The only person that I have told about this pregnancy is my DH (and all of you), and I fear I'll regret that if we lose this one.  I'm not ready to tell anyone, but I also know it is really hard for friends and family to provide support when they don't know what is happening and haven't invested some emotional energy in the pregnancy.  I'm rambling, and just feeling thankful for a venue to do so. 

DH is coming to the appointment tomorrow, which I am glad for.  I want him to be able to see.  I can't help but have the morose thought that if we see the baby is fine now, I don't him to miss it in case it's not fine next time.  Ugh!

#49 of 97 Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 AM

RRMum, I hope everything goes well at your appointment today!

AFM: Ultrasound went fine, thank God. I measured 9 weeks 1 day (I was guessing 9 weeks 4 days) and the heart rate was 174. I even got to listen to it. I feel so relieved. Next appointment in a month and at some point they’ll send me to the high risk doctor again. Hopefully I get my doppler back on Sunday so I can be checking in the meantime. (They did draw the titer to see if I’ve had fifth disease before.)

#50 of 97 Old 05-28-2014, 10:49 AM

RRmum I hope everything goes well at your next appointment and you get some answers.

M Anna Good news about your ultrasound. I too had an ultrasound yesterday and they said everything was on track for 5 weeks 5 days. They said some pulsing must be most likely the babies heart beat but they said it was really early to tell. The doctor was very sympathetic to the loss of our duaghter and said she was going to consult with a high risk doc too about us and our plan. But we are going to be monitored closely.

#51 of 97 Old 05-28-2014, 12:46 PM

Anna, yay for a good appointment. smile.gif

#52 of 97 Old 05-28-2014, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Anna View Post

RRMum, I hope everything goes well at your appointment today!

AFM: Ultrasound went fine, thank God. I measured 9 weeks 1 day (I was guessing 9 weeks 4 days) and the heart rate was 174. I even got to listen to it. I feel so relieved. Next appointment in a month and at some point they’ll send me to the high risk doctor again. Hopefully I get my doppler back on Sunday so I can be checking in the meantime. (They did draw the titer to see if I’ve had fifth disease before.)

Yay for a good appointment. I didn't know they could check titres for Fifth disease. Was your son confirmed to have it? I think mine had it in his first year, and I didn't get it so I'm probably immune.

RRMum, I hope you are back soon with an appointment update!

Liladancing, I'm glad your ultrasound looked good!

#53 of 97 Old 05-28-2014, 05:36 PM

Liladancing, good ultrasound! When I've had one that early they didn't even see pulsing suggestive of a heartbeat so that sounds great! I'm glad they're planning to monitor you closely. Loss mamas need all the reassurance we can get.

NSmomtobe: Yes, they can check to see if you've had it in the past, if you have had it recently and if you have it now. We're just checking the one to see if I've had it in the past. None of my kids have ever had it up until now so it's not a given that I've had it. I hope so though. I really, really don't want to get it during pregnancy.

Also, I guess I need to be updated: EDD 12/30/14

#54 of 97 Old 05-31-2014, 09:13 PM

Hi All - with this new system it has taken me a while to update. Sadly, we lost another. My heart is broken, and I don't know how to say goodbye to the four we've lost and the family that will never be. I think we are going to give up. We are not candidates for any treatments. I'm not really sure how to move on. And of course we didn't tell anyone about the pregnancy, now I just find myself avoiding everyone so I don't have to be inauthentic, and I don't really feel like telling the whole story. Ugh.

#55 of 97 Old 06-01-2014, 07:05 AM

RRMom, I am so, so sorry!

#56 of 97 Old 06-01-2014, 10:59 AM

RRmomthat is horrible. Have you guys already tried a specialist. Maybe there are some answers out there for you. I don't blame you for not wanting to try again. I told my husband if we lost another baby to stillbirth I would not want to try again.
I can understand wanting to grieve privately. In a way you are lucky for not telling many people. I hate being sad around other people. But tell who you feel like telling. Best of luck to you and your fAmily in this hard time. You're in my prayers.

#57 of 97 Old 06-01-2014, 02:07 PM

Thanks liladancing and M Anna. Yes we have seen specialist, I have a somewhat rare genetic disorder that affect mechanisms for cell division. We found out after we lost our third. We decided to try again because we do have one child, we knew the odds were stacked against us. I'm not a candidate for a donor because of my history and we are thinking that adoption and surrogacy are not great options for our family. Being pregnant, giving birth, holding a sleeping baby, breastfeeding. I did all of those things thinking I would do them again. I know I am lucky to have one, but... Good news is I'm starting therapy soon. For the last 5+ years we have been TTC, Pregnant, miscarrying, recovering, breastfeeding, all the while expecting our family to grow. Now, we have to learn how to live. I'll leave the thread soon, because I really want you all to have a positive place to voice your excitements and apprehensions. Thanks for your thoughts.

#58 of 97 Old 06-01-2014, 02:12 PM

@RRMum , I am very saddened by your news. So sorry.
I do not blame you for wanting to give up, I hope that whatever choice you make in the future will work for you.
Warmth and love,
SF.
#59 of 97 Old 06-01-2014, 03:41 PM

RRmomdon't feel like you have to leave for our sake. we will always be here for you if you want to stay or come back. I am so sorry for your losses. I hope your therapy goes well. I have found mine useful.

#60 of 97 Old 06-01-2014, 04:40 PM

I'm so sorry, RRmom.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page