Mothering Forum banner

~ Expecting Our Rainbow Babies ~ May chat

11K views 96 replies 11 participants last post by  superbeans 
#1 · (Edited)
Expecting Our Rainbow Babies ~ May/June chat

This is the May-June 2014 pregnancy thread for ALL graduates of the "Hoping, Healing & Conceiving Again" threads, or anyone who has suffered a loss and has found themselves expecting again. Here we can discuss our concerns and problems in the safety and company of other mamas like us. Compare BETA results, our prenatal screens, show off our scans, and in what seems like a lifetime away - our newborn baby pictures.

****If you are a new poster or need changes to your stats, just let me know your EDD IN BOLD, and I'll update periodically.**** Due date calculator with luteal phase length.

We have a FB group for sharing whatever you'd like in a private setting. If you'd like to join, you can find us here.

Expecting

Sihaya - expecting baby #3 after 3 losses. EDD June 24, 2014

OSTC - expecting baby #4 after 1 loss. EDD July 12, 2014

PrimalJoy - expecting baby #4 after 2 losses

MommaCrystal - expecting baby #4 after ectopic. EDD July 31, 2014

thaichimom - expecting baby #3 after 2 losses. EDD August 12, 2014

delicate_sunshine -expecting baby #? after 1 loss. EDD early September, 2014

pinaybabe23 - expecting baby #1 after 1 loss. EDD May 3, 2014.

Rainbowasylum - EDD September.

Monkey Science - EDD October 1, 2014 expecting baby #2 after one loss

OregonMoon - EDD October 13, 2014 expecting baby #2 after 1 loss

edubluv - EDD October 16, 2014 expecting baby #2 after 1 loss

Bramblebaby - EDD October 2014 after loss at 34 weeks.

monkeyscience - EDD October 2014 expecting baby #2 after 1 loss

Harmony96 - EDD November 25, 2014 expecting baby #5 after 1 loss

NSmomtobe - EDD December 17, 2014 expecting baby #2 after 3 losses

maof1 - EDD December 21, 2014, expecting baby #2 after 1 loss

LaylasMommy2011 - EDD December 23, 2014, expecting baby #2 after 1 loss

sweetface - EDD December 29th 2014, expecting baby #1 after 1 loss

lmevans - EDD January 6, 2015, expecting baby #4 , after 1 loss

liladancing - EDD January 22, 2015, expecting baby #1 after stillbirth

Congratulations!!!

Planegreen *Michael* March 10, 2014

Holliet *Phoebe* March 1, 2014

pattimomma *Simon* Feb 23, 2014

Serenyd *Cole* Feb 2014

Jilidez * Thea * Dec 24 2013

hippy mum* baby boy * Nov 17 2013

100%mom * baby boy * Nov 11 2013

Unuselyriver * Amberly Faith * Nov 7 2013

M anna * Catherine Rose * Oct 31 2013

revolting * baby boy * Oct 24 2013

shiloh * Rose * Oct 11 2013

graysmamma * baby boy * September 8 2013

Sienna forever * baby girl * August 28 2013

Thebyr * baby boy * August 27 2013

J&J mommy * Cole Jackson * July 10 2013

They've had their babies, but we're waiting to hear from.....
BaileyB - expecting #3 after 2 losses.
Dianita - expecting baby # 7, after 4 losses. EDD May 22, 2014
Eazar - expecting baby #1 after 1 loss. EDD May 26, 2014
Selissa - expecting baby #4 after 4 losses. EDD March 18, 2014
Porcelina - expecting baby #3 after 5 losses. EDD March 24, 2014
Philothea - expecting #2 after 2 losses. EDD April 25, 2014

In our thoughts...
M Anna

RRMum

mamacatsbaby

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the new thread. So i had another doctors appointment and got another ultrasound. I thought i was 5+6 based on ovulation but I measured 6+3.I am now due December 23rd,2014 There's only 1 very healthy baby.I got to see the heartbeat but the baby was still to little to hear the heartbeat.They sent me for all my labs that day.And I go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound.

Reactions: liladancing
#7 ·
lmevans, everyone tells me not to worry about temperatures after you get a BFP, but I absolutely understand your concern. Have you had any blood work done? I have always suspected that basal temperatures are linked to progesterone. Are you using supplemental progesterone?

#8 ·
Since I have to wait another 2 weeks for my ultrasound, I decided to get another blood draw.

My hCG from yesterday was 111,788. This is right where it should be for 8 weeks!
:thumb

As a side note, with my last pregnancy, my level was 26,000 at 7 weeks and 20,000 at 9 weeks. My doctor tried to tell me that was normal, but obviously it was not.

#10 ·
According to two due date calculators, my due date would be December 29th 2014.

I would love any baby in the world, but I can't pretend that the idea of having a Capricorn baby isn't exciting.

But also, I am getting ahead of myself.

I am going in tomorrow to get some more blood work done to see how my levels are going.

So far my temperature has stayed up. I too, think there is a connection with low levels of progesterone and temperatures going down.

Meanwhile, DH is not going to celebrate until it is written all over my forehead that I am pregnant and we can scream it from the rooftops.

#12 ·
I had another doozy of a dream last night. The kids and I were in Mom's backyard, playing, but Josiah was tiny. He looked and acted like the 16-month-old that he is, except he was about the size of a bee. I found him and smiled at him, and he grinned back at me and started crawling towards me. I put my hand at the edge of the sidewalk so he could crawl into it (since just crawling off the sidewalk onto the grass would be like normal-sized Josiah crawling off a roof). Then when I was holding him, a sore appeared on the side of his head and two tiny snakes crawled out. Like the eggs had been inside his head and they hatched out of his head. Okay, then.

#13 ·
I'm not sure, but I think my lowered temps were from disturbed sleep. They have gone back up the past two days. I also doubled my Family Plus supplement, so *if* I had low progesterone, perhaps that increase in the supplement increased progesterone.

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

Since I have to wait another 2 weeks for my ultrasound, I decided to get another blood draw.

My hCG from yesterday was 111,788. This is right where it should be for 8 weeks!
:thumb

As a side note, with my last pregnancy, my level was 26,000 at 7 weeks and 20,000 at 9 weeks. My doctor tried to tell me that was normal, but obviously it was not.
WOOHOO!!!!! That's awesome!!!! Glad they are rising correctly :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetface View Post

According to two due date calculators, my due date would be December 29th 2014.

I would love any baby in the world, but I can't pretend that the idea of having a Capricorn baby isn't exciting.

But also, I am getting ahead of myself.

I am going in tomorrow to get some more blood work done to see how my levels are going.

So far my temperature has stayed up. I too, think there is a connection with low levels of progesterone and temperatures going down.

Meanwhile, DH is not going to celebrate until it is written all over my forehead that I am pregnant and we can scream it from the rooftops.
Welcome and Congrats!!!!

#15 ·
Hello all! I remember some of you (and hope you remember me)!

I've gone back down the rabbit hole, this time quite by accident (although we're perfectly happy!) Our rainbow baby turned 6 months a week and a half ago and I'm now (my own calculations) 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I'm EBF and wasn't expecting this at all, considering how long it took for me to get pregnant the last time (and with the help of clomid too!). So I guess you can add me to the list, I'm EDD 12/27/2014, expecting baby #7 after 2 losses.

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Anna View Post

Hello all! I remember some of you (and hope you remember me)!

I've gone back down the rabbit hole, this time quite by accident (although we're perfectly happy!) Our rainbow baby turned 6 months a week and a half ago and I'm now (my own calculations) 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I'm EBF and wasn't expecting this at all, considering how long it took for me to get pregnant the last time (and with the help of clomid too!). So I guess you can add me to the list, I'm EDD 12/27/2014, expecting baby #7 after 2 losses.
Wow #7 Congrats!!!!!! And Welcome!!!! Happy and Healthy 9 months to you
:)

#20 ·
Thank you both! LOL. :D I need to put up a ticker on my signature again. It was nice to advance that little heart every week last time. :) I sure hope this baby makes it...

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetface View Post

I had my first U/S this morning. DH and I were elated. We saw and heard a heartbeat. But now I am back to worrying a little...
I feel like I need to apologize to this bean for all the worrying I do!
Awesome! How reassuring to see that everything is all right!

What has you worrying now?

#24 ·
Congrats, sweetface! I had my first appointment yesterday but it was a chit-chatty one. I go back in 2 weeks for a real appointment and an u/s. I am guessing I'll be about 9 weeks 4 days at that point. I'm really hoping everything is fine. So far my only symptom is total exhaustion.

#25 ·
Thanks guys!

What has me worried is just that I don't want to do any harm. I am trying not to do too much, but yesterday I lifted a couple heavy boxes and felt a quick sharp pain. A tiny little one. It's all good now. I will just have to remember not to do dumb things like stay up too late or eat terribly.

Has anyone read about the risks of eating cold foods? I know I am really starting to sound like a nut but Aviva Jill Romm says in The Natural Pregnancy Book that when fearing a M/C a woman should avoid eating cold foods (as in "fridge cold" or "freezer cold") in order to keep her womb warm.

It's been so hot where I live, avoiding cold drinks and the occasional frozen yogurt has been pretty difficult.

#26 ·
I've never heard of that, sweetface, but I know that some cultures have a cold and hot foods philosophy. As far as practical concerns, your uterus is a significant distance from your stomach and it would be almost impossible for you to alter the temperature of your uterus by having an iced drink, for instance. It's much more a concern that you keep from getting overheated in hot weather than your uterus getting too cold.

Reactions: monkeyscience
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.