1Likes
  • 1 Post By unuselyriver

#1 of 3 Old 08-11-2014, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Preterm c-section at 24+2

Dear all,
24th of March 2014 our son Sebba* was born after an emergency c-section (pprom at 19 weeks). Unfortunately we had to let go our strong fighter three weeks after birth because of wrong medical decisions that had been made.

I am pregnant again - 5 months after having had the c-section in a small uterus. I am seriously worried as my high risk ob told me NOT to get pregnant within one year after the loss.

The information I can find on the net confuses me. I have the impression that the USA have a different approach to this issue than Europe?
I have read some stories of mums who got pregnant very soon after a preterm c-section because their ob gave them green light, whereas my high risk ob would choose for abortion due to the risks involved!

Please post your stories. Both sides are welcome.

Thank you all!
Mamilie
#2 of 3 Old 08-11-2014, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
awww mommy i am so sorry for your loss and i understand why the doctor gave you a year weight time and that was so your uterus could heal fully but it has been 5 months so your uterus has heal a good bit i would say if it was me i would keep my pregnancy and go in for weekly check ups to make sure there is nothing wrong i have never had a c-section so i cant say anything on it really but i did not want to not respond to you i want to tell you how deeply sorry i am for your loss
applejuice likes this.

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#3 of 3 Old 08-11-2014, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know if your story is different, but I had my second daughter (a second c-section) and was given the go-ahead to start TTC right away by my ob at my 6 week check up. We ended up getting pg via ART and had a 3rd c-section when she was 18 months old (so definitely got pg under a year later).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page