3Likes
  • 1 Post By MsBe
  • 2 Post By MsBe

#1 of 14 Old 05-15-2015, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Expecting Our Rainbow Babies Spring/Summer chat

This is the spring/summer 2015 pregnancy thread for ALL graduates of the "Hoping, Healing & Conceiving" threads, or anyone who has suffered a loss and has found themselves expecting again. Here we can discuss our concerns and problems in the safety and company of other mamas like us. Compare BETA results, our prenatal screens, show off our scans, and in what seems like a lifetime away - our newborn baby pictures.

****If you are a new poster or need changes to your stats, just let me know your EDD IN BOLD, and I'll update periodically.**** Due date calculator with luteal phase length.

We have a FB group for sharing whatever you'd like in a private setting. If you'd like to join, you can find us here.

Expecting...

sweetface - EDD December 29th 2014, expecting baby #1 after 1 loss

lmevans - EDD January 6, 2015, expecting baby #4 after 1 loss

AmBam - EDD March 5, 2015, expecting baby #2 after 4 losses

Wilhelmina - EDD April 15, 2015.

Loveandlight33 - expecting baby #4 .

peaceful_mama - expecting baby #5 after 1 loss.

Patience2013 - expecting baby after stillbirth

Sleepymama - EDD June 26, 2015.

MountainMamaGC - EDD July 1, 2015, expecting baby #2 after 7 early losses.

Radiowave - EDD July 6, 2015 after second trimester loss.

Shiloh - Expecting baby #6 after 1 loss.

HenAlexa - Expecting baby #3 after 2 losses

Congratulations!!!
liladancing *Carlisle Lucas Riede* January 1, 2015
NSmomtobe *James Alexander* December 12, 2014
maof1 *Robert Sage* December 8, 2014
Harmony96 *Gabriel* November 15, 2014
edubluv *Calista* October 11, 2014
monkeyscience *girl* October 6, 2014
taichimom *boy* August 11, 2014
Planegreen *Michael* March 10, 2014
Holliet *Phoebe* March 1, 2014
pattimomma *Simon* Feb 23, 2014
Serenyd *Cole* Feb 2014
Jilidez * Thea * Dec 24 2013

In our thoughts...
t2009
M Anna
RRMum
mamacatsbaby

Last edited by DungeonQueen; 05-22-2015 at 04:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 05-15-2015, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter

I hope no one minds me taking over and making a new thread, the group seems to be a little stagnate so hopefully we can get it rolling again.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies here and hoping to see some new mommas joining as well.

I'm 32 years old and expecting baby #4 after 2 yrs TTC and one loss at 16 weeks.
We are super excited for this baby and hoping for a HBA3C.

Blissfully married to the werewolf of my dreams.
Mother to:14 yo DD 10 yo DS, 5 yo DS and our Angels 6/14, 5/15
#3 of 14 Old 05-16-2015, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
@DungeonQueen , thank you again for starting this thread & I have to say I am *so* excited to be sharing this journey with you (& with @MsBe )! I'm settling down some & letting myself be happy, even if I'm still feeling a bit raw & guarded. My first loss anniversary is coming up next week. I'm feeling ok, just a bit weirded out by the realization that I have been pregnant three times in the past 365 days. As for this pregnancy, my symptoms are coming & going at this point & I'm trying not to get freaked out when I'm not feeling particularly pregnant (even though it's totally freaking me out). Today I had some cramping, so... who knows. I also have to fly next week because I am standing up in SIL's wedding. I'm a bit worried (about what, I don't know exactly) but I think it will ultimately be a good distraction. I splurged today & bought myself some non-toxic nail polish, polish remover & lipstick for the occasion. I got confirmation via blood test that I am indeed pregnant & my progesterone (which I've always worried about) is actually ok. Now to just get my thyroid under control! I have an appointment on Monday & then another blood draw when I get back from the wedding. I also called my home birth midwife, though at this point I am starting to second guess whether home birth is right for me given my history. Ugh, the back & forth between worry/pessimism & happiness is driving me crazy! Mostly, though, I'm just feeling resigned to whatever happens.

By way of introduction for those who don't know me, I'm 37 & cautiously expecting baby #2 . DS is 6. I've had two losses in the past year, both at around the same time--11 & 12 weeks. My EDD is Jan. 21.

DungeonQueen & MsBe, how are you both holding up?

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#4 of 14 Old 05-18-2015, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

My emotion seem to be balancing out a little there not so drastically happy and then scared but I'm physically just exhausted. I feel like I'm starving also and with the nausea starting it's making it difficult to eat. I know with loss anniversaries coming up soon we are both sure to feel more on edge but I really do have a good feeling this time. It's almost like looking back I knew something was wrong last time but didn't know what, I don't have that feeling now. We are currently looking for another provider,as I'm unhappy with my current OB and we can't afford our midwife right now because she doesn't take our insurance so this will keep us busy trying to come up with a plan.

I think a wedding sounds like a lovely distraction, and what a beautiful time of year to have one. I hope you enjoy your trip, don't worry too much about flying and traveling its perfectly safe and it looks like a short trip so have fun.
#5 of 14 Old 05-18-2015, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh having a lot of ligament pain today, I don't remember having so much last time at this early stage.
#6 of 14 Old 05-19-2015, 05:39 AM

I'm out. Best of luck to you, @DungeonQueen & @MsBe .

#7 of 14 Old 05-19-2015, 06:13 PM

Or not. I don't know what's going on. Bleeding (it was more than spotting, less than a flow) slowed & went from bright red to brown to pinkish. Went for tests, haven't gotten the results. Doc called in a prescription for progesterone but insurance rejected it & then the office closed. Ugh!

I don't quite feel right but I don't feel too crampy either. I'm super paranoid about an ectopic or molar pregnancy. And I'm supposed to fly in 2 days! My doc says I shouldn't go but I can't imagine missing my SIL's wedding! I guess the biggest risk is it's ectopic & I start bleeding heavily on the plane. Is about a 2 hour flight. If I am not already bleeding, though, I don't think the risk is great. I'd feel awful moping at he waiting to miscarry. What would you do?

I hope you're all faring better.
@DungeonQueen , I hope your pain is less. Any other symptoms?

#8 of 14 Old 05-19-2015, 07:50 PM

... And never mind ... Got results & HCG is down to 21 & progesterone is also way down. Chemical pregnancy most likely & period/miscarriage soon. So sad to not continue this journey with you.

#9 of 14 Old 05-20-2015, 03:23 AM

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Oh no @t2009 . No, no, no, no, no! I am so so sorry that you are going through this heartbreak again. And selfishly, I was really looking forward to traveling this stage of the journey with you. Is it too late for me to still wish for a lab mistake or a miracle? I hope you can take some consolation from the fact that you are at least getting pregnant. I know I do. Maybe your thyroid is the issue here and you'll get that straightened out and be back here in a jiffy-- and this time with your sticky baby! I really hope so, I miss you already. And Heavens knows, DungeonQueen and I have a long enough wait left on this board before we get to hold our rainbows. Will you still attend your SIL's wedding? If so, I hope you are able to really let go and have a wild and wonderful time (and there are no pregnant ladies there messing up your vibe.) Sending you lots of peace and healing...
t2009 likes this.
#10 of 14 Old 05-20-2015, 03:30 AM

@DungeonQueen Thanks for taking over this thread. Hopefully we'll get some more action on here soon. I will write more later but for today I just wanted to let you know that I'm here!

I'm 37yo (will be 38 when this baby comes), and expecting #2 after 2+yrs TTC and one loss at 13 weeks. My DS will be 5 in two weeks! EDD is Dec 16th.
#11 of 14 Old 05-20-2015, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! Thread newbie here, hope I can join your group. I am about to turn 36, and cautiously excited to be pregnant again after 3 losses in the last two years, still hoping for baby #1 . I am freaking out because I woke up today and my breasts were no longer sore, just like what happened with the miscarriages. Trying to stay optimistic though! I need all the help I can get :-) Oh, my EDD is JAN. 13
#12 of 14 Old 05-22-2015, 03:07 AM

Hello & Welcome @Peru42 ! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I totally understand about the symptom anxiety. Around 7 weeks or so I thought my breasts were looking less swollen and had definitely gotten less painful, and started freaking out. But those sort of symptoms are not gonna be a constant, it is something that comes and goes. I went bra shopping last week and they are still 2 cups bigger, they just settled back into their normal shape. I've never had much morning sickness, just a mild queasiness that comes and goes in waves, but none of the women in my family do. On the other hand, constipation is an early and consistent sign for me and I had one episode of diarrhea at around the same time I thought my breasts were becoming less sore and that really freaked me out. But so far all seems well. My first midwife appointment is at 13 weeks on June 11th, and I am doing my best to keep my anxiety in check until then. It is hard not to think about my last pregnancy and how I thought all was well for three whole months before miscarrying. Sometimes I feel so happy and connected to this baby and then at other times I feel like maybe I am deluding myself and she has probably already died and my body just hasn't figured it out yet. Pretty dark stuff that I really don't feel comfortable sharing with my family. I want to have faith in this baby and my body but man is it hard sometimes... Meditating in the morning (if I can find the time!) seems to help some. It helps me to think that even if I am deluding myself, at least I can be happy today, and that has to be better for my long term health than worry. Ugh, I am so conflicted I feel I hardly make sense.
#13 of 14 Old 05-22-2015, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBe View Post
@DungeonQueen Thanks for taking over this thread. Hopefully we'll get some more action on here soon. I will write more later but for today I just wanted to let you know that I'm here!

I'm 37yo (will be 38 when this baby comes), and expecting #2 after 2+yrs TTC and one loss at 13 weeks. My DS will be 5 in two weeks! EDD is Dec 16th.
Sorry but it looks like we are officially out, after a few scans and some blood work its ectopic. I wish you all a happy and healthy nine months.
#14 of 14 Old 06-11-2015, 02:43 PM

I know this thread is kinda defunct these days but thought I'd post my happy news here anyway in case any other PAL moms decide to start dropping in again. I had my first meeting with my midwife today and not only do I really like her (bonus) I got to hear my baby's heartbeat for the first time! I feel so, so, so relieved. I had a week 12 loss last time so getting to 13weeks was a really big deal for me and all this past week I was fearful of history repeating itself. I had a really horrific miscarriage dream a few days back and I almost didn't want to even go to this appointment. But so far, so good. And I am starting to feel like this pregnancy might actually result in a real live baby.
stegenrae and nsmomtobe like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page