Mothering Forum banner

TTC After Loss -- April Support Thread

15K views 545 replies 27 participants last post by  coralsmom 
#1 ·
TTC after loss --- April support thread

Welcome to the TTC after loss April thread.
This is a supportive, loving safe space to share your hopes, sadness, joy and frustration.

May the road rise up to meet us this month!

TTC MEMBERS:

Jeana (JBaxter) - Logan 11/91, Connor 10/94, Nathan 11/03m, m/c 7/90(15wks) & 6/05 (8wks5d)

Jessica (JLav) - ds Baz (10/03), and two angels (12/04) and (5/05)

Coral's Mom - DD Coral Rose (03/21/05) and Angel (1/06)

Kimberly-mom to 7yrs,3yrs, sb10/09/05, and mc in 2001

Catherine (race kelly) - Collin (6yrs), Jack(4yrs), and Thomas (19 months). And my little angel Therese 3/23 she got her wings, I was 15 weeks pregnant.

Sandy (Ben's Mommy) - Benjamin Taylor 7/5/05-7/7/05

Nicole (theboysmama) - Walker 5/27/02, Caden 4/17/04, Sam m/c 9/8/05 (12.5 wks), and Morgan m/c 2/13/06 (6 wks)

LolaEight - dd 11-22-01, ds 2-6-04, and my angel 6-05

Liz (mama4gals) - four girls, ages 18, 13, 11, 4, also mama to 4 angels

Cristina (Debstmomy) - Amber 11, Austin 7, Alexa Rose Bornstill (42 wks) 6/10/05 and 1 angel

Erika (Naughty Dingo) - mama to 2 and m/c 10/05, 1/06, and 2/06

Prue (Em's Mummy) - Emily Jade Born Still 26/07/05 (38 weeks)

Cathy (KYCat) - Gus 7/00, Max 12/02 and angel Finnegan Albert, Finn 7/28/05

Sarah (sarah9774) - Luke Harrison Garrett BS @ 40 weeks 2/10/05

Talitha (samuelsmommy+3) SAHM Jenna (4), Abigal (2), Samuel (1), m/c (13 weeks)

Deb (dj tex)

Chris (zion ) - 20wk angel Sadie Elizabeth 11/24/05, another MC 4/06

Jen - (paisley) - miscarriage on 11/16

Mandi (bertrandsgirl) - I miscarried 12/19 (7 weeks)

Jessica (mimi!) - m/c : 08/05; 12/05

Shanna4000 - MC at 6 weeks and another angel 03/06

Lisa (mamaov4) - 5 miscarriages

a-sorta-fairytale - DD 4/30/04, m/c 9/1/05 @12 1/2 weeks

BCmamaof5 - m/c 12/05 kiddos- 13, 10, 7, 5, 2

Kelly ( beemama) - Lily Bee 8-8-03 & m/c 1/06

Cyndie (CyndieC123) Mommy to three 6/05, 8/05 & 11/05

Jenny (mrsuribe) - Matthew (5), Justin (3), Daniel Raymond (5/2/04 20 wks) and angel (3/8/05 16 wks) and another angel 3/8/06

Christina (mamajava) -two boys ages 2 1/2 and 1 1/2, and two m/c's, one in Aug 02 and one in Oct 05

NWBaby - M/C 8/05 at 10 wks

Allykat (mama to Allyson (7) angel Katrina 3/24/05 and JuneBug m/c 11/10/05)

Babybugmama - M/C 11/07/05 and 3/25/06

Brandi (Adensmommy) - little angel Aden Allen 3/8/06

Andrea (honeybeedreams) - M/C 2/28/06

Chrissy - M/C 3/06

Keeum - 5 M/C, last in 01/06 at 5 weeks

KimNicole428 - 1 M/C 4/7

Since every month is a hard month for many of us, we wanted to have a special place for you to put a candle for those that have a sad day this month. If you would like to be added, taken off, or changed, please let me know.....

BFPs this month!

NWBaby!
MamaJava!
BabyBugMama!

See less See more
#2 ·
Subbing...can you add me? 11-7-05
: and 3-25-06
:

so this begins the days of smep...
: I'm seriously considering not bothering with the OPK kits and just using cm as my guide.
It just seems like a waste of money. I dunno. I also found it hard to find a consistent time to take them. If you do an OPK, what is the best time to poas?

#4 ·
Hi ladies. I hope April is a wonderful month for everyone. Sending lots of

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

I know that this is going to sound corny, but I really have a good feeling about this month. Maybe it's the spring and all the animals gio, but this is the season to make life. So I hope all who want to be are gravid by the end of the month!

#5 ·
babybugmama, my kit says between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm for OPKs. It says to NOT use first morning urine.

Shanna4000, thanks for starting us up!

racekelly,
all the animals gio?! how romantic
Here's to gravid!

I have to say too though that spring makes everything better! I'm feeling happy and hopeful as well. I talked to my mom the other day about my dream of homebirthing my next baby, whenever God blesses us with him/her, and she's totally cool with it - which is surprising and awesome. I do hope this cycle is a success...it would give me a 2006 baby most likely...with an edd of 12/21. Otherwise, here's to the new year for us all!

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by babybugmama
Subbing...can you add me? 11-7-05
: and 3-25-06
:

so this begins the days of smep...
: I'm seriously considering not bothering with the OPK kits and just using cm as my guide.
It just seems like a waste of money. I dunno. I also found it hard to find a consistent time to take them. If you do an OPK, what is the best time to poas?
With SMEP, I personally never bother with OPKs. Our version of SMEP is to just do the deed on days 10, 12 and 14, and sometimes 15 for good measure. If you're very regular, then OPKs are a waste of money IMO. If you're not, then OPKs may provide good info.

Try this site for lots of info on OPKs.

www.peeonastick.com

#7 ·
Just peeking in real quick. I'm off to the river to have some fun today. Spring is definately here! Coral's mama is going to have perfect weather for her weekend vacay!
Even though it wouldn't be wise for me to get pg this month (as far as short term disability goes) I just don't think I can NOT try. Spring is in the air, I feel better than ever, and hey...why not! I talked to dh this morning about it and he said that he'll have to sleep on it. SO, I'll bug him again tommorow.

Ok, gotta run. I hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend!

#9 ·
You might as well add me: Brandi- little angel Aden Allen 3/8/06.

Though I'm not supposed to, according to the doctors. What do they know I want a baby.
I don't know if I have been Oing yet but I have started charting and checking cm just to get into the routine.
The nurse the other day mention using a condom
........ and not for infection purposes she said my cervix is closed and looking good.
I do think about possible miscarriage if I get pregers early bc a lack of a proper build up of my uterine lining.

Any way Love is in the air. April is a great month to make babies. The birds and the squirrels are so why cant we.

#10 ·
add me, i'm subbing. (is it april already? yes, i called my GF i have known since she was 2 and i was 3 to say happy birthday this morning)

andrea, my loss was on 2/28/06

#11 ·
http://www.personalizedboutique.com/...-Bracelets.htm

i would like a reminder of my little lost baby. so i thought i would get this with her name on it.

the night i started bleeding i was laying in bed thinking and reaching out the the baby's spirit and the name esme` sophia just came to me. so i guess that is her name. (esme means "beloved" and sophia means "wisdom")

#12 ·
Brandi-- Did you have a vaginal deliver w/ Aden or a c-section? How long do they "want" you to wait before trying again. I do know a couple moms with "Irish" twins ( babies born less than 12 months apart). Accidents
happen all the time -- condoms slip/break rythym methods well ya know how that works
If it were me I would want at least 1 af before getting pregnant but you will have to follow your heart.

#13 ·
Hi ladies,
Funny, all the crazy things that they did for April Fools Day with MDC - I thought I had messed something up because it is my first time minding the thread this month.

Also wanted to apologize in advance if I don't put your "real" name on the ttc list when you send me an add - Some of you I still only know by your screen name unless it's in your siggy. Don't hesitate to send me corrections.

#14 ·
can i join you fine ladies?

i'm chrissy and i have 2 children, noah is 4 and lilah is 18 months. i just lost a baby at 9 weeks. i'm not sure what date to count as the date i lost him. i found out that he had died on thursday 3/16. that's also the day i started bleeding. the ob guessed from the u/s that he had died about a week before though. i passed him in the early morning of 3/19. so, maybe just 3/06. not like it really matters.

i'm not sure if we are trying this month or not but i would like to join you all anyway.

#15 ·
Hi Chrissy - welcome! Everyone is different but i coulnt the day as the day i birthed the baby.

So i decided this or next cycle is perfect to get pg - my body must have just been waiting. See, i would have the whole summer to spend with dd and to deal with morning sickness without school, then i could take the fall semester then be due in jan/feb and i could take that semester off - see perfect! And i wouldnt be big during th hottest part of the year. So i have decided my body just wanted to make the most of it and that is why i havent gotten pg yet -right? Right!

off to have a soy chai with dd - she has been asking for "lady coffe" Which means the saturday morning chai at barnes and noble with my friend

HAve a great weekend ladies!

#16 ·
Jeana I had Aden Vaginally. The doctors told me to wait two months before I can actively try to conceive. I think that is for my emotional well being not for medical reasons. I will never be the same after losing Aden. It makes me feel better to have a purpose. That purpose now is becoming a mom. I want a baby so bad. It doesn't take my mind of my little Aden but it helps me focus on the future.
I figure Whatever happens happens.
My MIL has offered her advise and says ward and I should wait for a year
. I think not. What does she know she never went through this. She had 6 healthy oblivious pregnancies in 9 years.

Something to snicker over
. My beagle
: decided she was going to chase Steve yesterday. I'm thinking she will never do that again, Steve gave her tail whupping she will not soon forget he made her ear bleed. After he showed her who was the cock of the walk he crowed around the yard for about an hour. This mourning Nikki (wannabe beagle ninja) avoided the chickens like the plague. I think Steve's school of hard knocks is going to be a success now for the min pin to get his dose its only a matter of time

#19 ·
ASF ~ Have Fun! You're just studying for a different kind of test now.
I hope you get a good grade!

Chrissy ~
Hello, and welcome.

Aden's mommy ~ Too funny about your
: ! Is he sulking now?

So, since we're on a new thread, why don't we post an update on where we're at right now......I'm on CD10....fertile cm today which is a bit early for me.
Oh well, who knows?

#20 ·
Sandy- yeah Nikki is pretty bummed. Her ear was a little swollen this mourning but I washed it with betadine and put neosporin on it. She is such a baby.

I have to bow out of the O report this month I just started charting and I have no idea when af will come for a visit again I hope soon. I'm just not sure when my body will return to normal. Probably not for a while.
But you can bet after Tuesday there will be a whole lot of bding going on.

#21 ·
Adensmommy - after my first m/c it took me a couple months before getting back to normal.
At least the time when you can *practice* is getting closer. (I say practice cuz that was dh's word
)

asf - have fun

I am on CD9, I have a little cm, but not much. I can never tell what's fertile and not. I've never seen it "dry and crumbly." There is either a lot or not much. When it's a lot I figure I'm fertile.

#23 ·
Just did a bang up job on my breastfeeding presentation. YEAH! my chart is a total joke it is up and down and up and down and crazy looking - but i am hopeful.
:

The friend that stopped talking to me had her baby last night - homebirth - home safe etc...
I am so happy but at the same time so jealous - why is it that i do everything right and get a cs? do everything right and have a mc? do everything right and dont get pg?
Anyhow - i am glad another one avoided the knife and she had a safe healhty birth and baby.

It is so beautiful outside and i just want to sit outside and read but alas I have to
:

CD 15 here

Hope you all had a lovely weekend

#24 ·
BBM ~ I'm never really good at analyzing my cm either.
I can tell when it's really fertile, but other than that, I don't know how to classify it. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as we know when the fertile time is.

Karen ~ Twins would be so cool! My sil has identical twins and they are absolutely adorable! Here's some twin dust for you...

ASF ~ Woo hoo on your presentation!
I'm glad to hear your friend had a good homebirth and they all are well. It's just so hard to watch everyone else get what you want...
. Oh, and don't worry, you can catch up on your book in a couple of days...

Hmm, where has everyone been this weekend? It's been kind of quiet for our thread!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.