Childrens' Glasses? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2009, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you who have kids in glasses,has anyone ever ordered online from Zenni optical? Moms on another forum recommended them and the prices look great! My 19 month old has already broken his glasses 3 times,so I'm looking for another way to get new glasses as the only ones that his insurance pays for are pretty flimsy.
http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php?cat=5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 08:12 PM

I bought some sunglasses for myself from there. They aren't the best quality, I wouldn't use it for my everyday glasses, but I might go back and get some fun pairs to wear out or something. I can see that they'd be good for kids' glasses -- I am going to get a second pair from them for my DS after his next eye doctor appointment in a few weeks. (Mine's 8 though so he is at least theoretically more likely not to lose or break them than a younger one!)
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 PM

I haven't used them. DD's glasses barely lasted her a year. This year we are buying some glasses made out of material that can be twisted - I don't know what it's called though...
Old 02-03-2009, 08:54 PM

My friend did and she was very happy & recommended them (for herself, not kids).

mama to DS 9 and DD 5 and
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

2bluefish I believe that's called Memory Titaium... those are one of the ones I am loking at:

http://zennioptical.com/cart/product...7&cat=5&page=1

My only problem is figuring out the measurements of the frame width and temple arm length... my son's glasses say " 38-18-135 " so I'm trying to figure that out. I know the 135 is the temple arm length.... oh here it is.
http://zennioptical.com/cart/pages.php?pageid=7

I called his eye dr today & requested that they send me a copy of his prescription,so if I can get several pairs for the price of one at their optical dept,then : !!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:32 AM

We ordered glasses for our youngest (3.5 yo) and they were great. He picked out two pair and they were less than half of the price of his first pair. His first pair lasted almost two months before I had to glue them together. I will admit that our first attempt at glueing his first pair back together was a learning experience to say the least ...... After two failed attempts I ended up mixing three different super glues (though i most likely caused a hole in the ozone) his glasses are now fixed. Here is something I wish I had known, make sure to let the glue set for at least 12 hours or they will fall apart again !
That is why we decided to buy from zenni, it was worth it. We paid 57 dollars including shipping for two pair of glasses when his first pair cost over a hundred. The zenni pairs are not as cute as his first pair but he wanted round wire frames and we let him pick so that he would keep them on. We are ordering at least two pair each next month for dh, finn and I because they are cheap enough (price wise) for us to get spare glasses too!
Good luck,
Laura

laura, dh Brian, ds Rory 14, dd Ellie 13, ds Caelan 11, ds Seamus 9, ds Finn 7 and Penelope 2 !!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 04:35 PM

That's right - it is Titanium. We haven't used them yet, but the folks at the eye doctor really seem to think they are great. Maybe your eye doctor could help you determine the size to order?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie37 View Post

I called his eye dr today & requested that they send me a copy of his prescription,so if I can get several pairs for the price of one at their optical dept,then : !!
be sure to ask for his PD measurement too; they might not send it unless you request it, esp if they sell eyeglasses themselves.

My glasses from Zenni are fine, I only wish I could get them adjusted for free somewhere because they fall off if I bend over.

No other complaints

User Tag List