Wow...um, unexpected facial asymmetry **Pictures added - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 03-13-2009, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntG View Post
2Bluefish, live bones are just as rigid as dead ones,
We'll have to agree to disagree on that fact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
Okay, I finally uploaded the pictures of the boys.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with Connor's face the way it is, it was just shocking to me to turn the grid lines on and see the asymmetry. I still think he's exceptionally good looking (I may have just a tiny bit of bias, I admit!)

And check out my HAM of a four year old!!!! (well, he'll be 4 next week anyway) We've never had a bad picture of Ian!
Both of your boys are gorgeous.

To be honest, only because it was pointed out, I do see slight asymmetry in your ds's face...but no more than in my face or my dc's (I draw portraits of my children, and I am very aware of the slightest asymmetry!). I think that asymmetry is pretty common, and his doesn't stand out as abnormal at all.

But then again, his one shoulder is much higher than the other in the picture...so maybe the photo isn't as straight-on as it seems? His face could be tilted just enough to make it seem more asymmetrical than it really is.

But, regardless, beautiful little boy!
#33 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderMae View Post
I checked out your blog and honestly (I'm not just being nice ) I don't see it. I guess I don't have a good eye for it or something. I think he is adorable (so is his older brother).
:

Mother of two. : 4/05 and 1/07 Wife of one. : 7/01
#34 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 12:35 PM

I'm sorry to keep interrupting this forum with an off-topic post but 2Bluefish, I don't understand what you're saying... are you saying that you know of a way in which a bone can move that does not involve a joint?
#35 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 12:54 PM

Craniosacral is about the "fused" bones not actually being rigidly fused in live bone. Practitioners believe their is some remaining "give" in these fused edges, even though adulthood.
#36 of 41 Old 03-14-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnmama View Post
Craniosacral is about the "fused" bones not actually being rigidly fused in live bone. Practitioners believe their is some remaining "give" in these fused edges, even though adulthood.
Thanks for clarifying that! Not that they move like a full fledged joint, but that they can be moved.
#37 of 41 Old 03-15-2009, 12:02 PM

Honestly, I couldn't see it. In fact I had to double check about who was who in the single pics - your boys are GORGEOUS, and they look just alike!
And OMG, Grace is GORGEOUS! Red curls and green eyes - I am JEALOUS!
#38 of 41 Old 03-15-2009, 03:05 PM

I don't see any asymmetry either
Your boys are both very good looking

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#39 of 41 Old 03-15-2009, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So, I just looked at your blog, and I cannot understand why someone would say he looks odd. He *honestly* looks perfectly normal to me. I would never have guessed that anything was different about him. He just looks like a normal adorable little boy.
#40 of 41 Old 03-15-2009, 06:41 PM

I am also surprised someone would make that comment. I don't see anything in his face that I would expect anyone to notice as unusual at all. And your boys are gorgeous !!!!!

BTW I am not symmetrical...one eye is larger and lower than the other, one eyebrow is higher than the other, and my ears aren't on straight, so that when I get new glasses, the tech has quite a time getting the earpieces adjusted so they will appear to sit on my face straight, and I keep my sunglasses for years even after they are scratched because it is such a pain to fiddle with a new pair to get them to sit right on my crooked face. Other than that issue, my facial assymmetry has never cause me any issues and never attracts any attention except when my glasses get messed up. People say "your glasses are bent" and I'm like, no, my face is bent !

Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post
So, I just looked at your blog, and I cannot understand why someone would say he looks odd. He *honestly* looks perfectly normal to me. I would never have guessed that anything was different about him. He just looks like a normal adorable little boy.

DS1 March 2003DS2 Sept 2005,
and 3 , in our happy secular
#41 of 41 Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 PM

I can't imagine what that coworker saw to make him say that!

Your boys are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resistance is futile Matey

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page