My now 6yo is sleeping in his own bed ALL NIGHT LONG in ANOTHER ROOM! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-12-2009, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My youngest has developmental delays and physical birth defects. He may have PDD-NOS but no two doctors can agree. On April 30 I moved his bed to his 12yo brother's room and he has slept in his bed all night long without waking up or coming to get in my bed!!

That night we had pizza delivered from Papa John's and I made a chocolate cake to celebrate his independence!

My husband and I are happier with the arrangement and we sleep much better. (We have a queen sized bed.)

I thought the day would never happen! I coslept with my three older children for 2-3 years each and expected my fourth born to follow the pattern. He stayed for almost six years!

Sincerely,
Debra, homeschooling mom of 4 ages 12 (AS), 11, 9, and 6 (PDD-NOS)
#2 of 4 Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 PM

Yeah! I'm so glad he was finally ready. Sleeping with a 6 yo in a queen sized bed has got to be a bit tight!

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#3 of 4 Old 06-13-2009, 12:58 AM

Congratulations! That is huge! Sweet dreams to all of you.

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#4 of 4 Old 06-13-2009, 07:21 PM

Congratulations! Our 4 1/2-year-old with autism is still co-sleeping, as well as our youngest (20 months). I thought we had our middle son switched over a month or so ago but after a week where he slept in the room with his older brother 4 or 5 nights out of the 7 he has been back in with us ever since ... We figure he'll make the move when he's ready, but it will definitely make the bed seem much more roomy, as we also have a queen. (Although we also have a crib set up as a side car to give the baby more room ...).

Congratulations to all of you!

Mamma to three boys : We love :::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page