Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2009, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liba613 View Post
Am I the only one who gave up co-sleeping because of the tube?

Not only did we get all tangled and I worry my son's tube would get pulled out more easily with the extra people around I kept on waking up in the morning in a puddle. I am one of those sound sleepers who could co-sleep through a tube leak. In the AM I would have multiple sets of bile and formula filled clothing, a queen size set of sheets, mattress pad and blankets to wash and need a shower RIGHT then with a baby who needed a bath as well.

I miss co-sleeping, but even now, three years later, if we try I end up with a total disaster every single time no matter how careful I am.

One crib worth of sheets and one toddler worth of clothing and one washable blanket make for easier cleanup. Some how we manage to get through most nights, when he is in his own bed, without any mishaps, but tubes are far far from fail safe.

What ever ends up happening, know that the tube is not going to keep your daughter out of danger, you still have to be on top of it 110%, and the learning curve in the beginning is steep.

I hope you find a workable solution for both of you soon.
I've never had that problem. I co-slept with DD until she was about 1. I only put her in her crib because she slept a solid 14 hours every night and didn't need me. Now that she IS waking more frequently, I put her in bed with me when she needs me. We've only had a handful of incidents in the last 2 years. And half of them were when she was in her crib.

DD's connection is pretty secure. It doesn't just pop off randomly. Sometimes I do something stupid like leave her med port open or take off her farrell bag and forget to clamp her tube, but it never just accidentally comes apart.

DD's tube is really a non-issue. I don't find it messy or inconvenient at all. Even if it weren't absolutely necessary that she had one, I'd still want it because lets face it, kids don't always do what they need to do to stay healthy. I wouldn't want to force feed a sick child food or medicine long-term. What's the point in that? Make them hate you and hate the things necessary to keep them healthy? No thanks, I'd rather plunge it in the tube.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liba613 View Post
Am I the only one who gave up co-sleeping because of the tube?

Not only did we get all tangled and I worry my son's tube would get pulled out more easily with the extra people around I kept on waking up in the morning in a puddle. I am one of those sound sleepers who could co-sleep through a tube leak. In the AM I would have multiple sets of bile and formula filled clothing, a queen size set of sheets, mattress pad and blankets to wash and need a shower RIGHT then with a baby who needed a bath as well.

I miss co-sleeping, but even now, three years later, if we try I end up with a total disaster every single time no matter how careful I am.

One crib worth of sheets and one toddler worth of clothing and one washable blanket make for easier cleanup. Some how we manage to get through most nights, when he is in his own bed, without any mishaps, but tubes are far far from fail safe.

What ever ends up happening, know that the tube is not going to keep your daughter out of danger, you still have to be on top of it 110%, and the learning curve in the beginning is steep.

I hope you find a workable solution for both of you soon.
DD is a restless sleeper. We stopped co-sleeping about 2 months into tube feeding when DD got restless and ended up going from one side to the other of DH over the course of the night. She started crying and he startled awake...and took her tube out with him WE moved her to the crib and its been much safer for her poor button. She manages to yank it every 1-2 months on her own, she doesn't need our help in that area!!

User Tag List