DAN Dr. Ann Arbor - Dr. Linsk - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking for a DAN doctor in the detroit area and have come across Dr. Linsk. Does anyone have any information, likes or dislikes? I'm looking at him because he participates with our insurance.
#2 of 5 Old 01-12-2010, 09:00 PM

I can't answer your question. But you might have some additional replies if you go to the "finding your tribe' section (near the top of the forums list) and post in the Michigan section.
#3 of 5 Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 AM

My son sees him. He's got some good ideas, but not the best bedside manor. I like that I can email him with general questions and he actually writes me back.
#4 of 5 Old 01-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Fay

We don't see him, but may start soon because our insurance changed. My dear friend adores him because he's the only doctor who answers her questions about her daughter's unusual health problems, and he even gave her his cell # so that he could answer her questions quickly. My friend says that he's probably on the autism spectrum himself, he has very poor social skills and quite an obnoxious reputation in the autism community...but he's very smart and makes an effort to reach out to families. His approach is unorthodox any way you look at it -- he recommends biomed therapies, but he also recommends the flu vax. If you want a doctor who truly cares about kids and doesn't care what other people think, then he's the guy for you. If you're looking for someone with a great bedside manner who doesn't ruffle any feathers, then he's the wrong doctor for you.

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
#5 of 5 Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 PM

We just saw him December 29th.

He gave us some supplement suggestions and requested some biomedical tests. He also wrote my 3 1/2 year old for a psychotropic medication.

Due to some severe financial issues we were unable to buy the products he carried/recommended (new beginnings nutritionals) and when we left the office it felt awkward because I could only pay my co-pay and not the other 100.00 for supplements.

He said try the supplements for a few weeks and if we saw no changes then try psychotropic medications and wrote us for a script. He was aware of our financial issue and said he was conservative in what he recommended and also wrote for the traditional drug because our insurance covered it.

After talking with my husband - we decided to try supplements. I called the practice and said "hi - we want to try the supplements but we are broke, like applying for food stamps broke, can you please tell us which supplements are most important and other sources for them and also the doses" Because he wrote the supplements based on new beginnings nutritional formats -ie X drops of zinc, X drops of lithium, etc I had no idea how to find alternates until I found the company website and asked questions on here.

It took him THREE weeks and a fax and MANY MANY calls before he called us back. I finally called the office and said "Listen, if you dont want our daughter as a patient, that is fine but I will NOT put my child on (name of drug) until I speak with him" and know I have contact with a physician.

The office person apologized profusely and he called us back with an apology within an hour. He gave us other supplement ideas that could be found easily and I felt much MUCH better.

I am really angry about 3 weeks back for a phone call but we do plan on trying his suggestions. However, for our daughters specialized pediatric care in relationship to autism spectrum, we will continue her treatment with University of Michigan Ann Arbor milestones clinic (speech and OT) and Dr Martha Carlson (pediatric neurology).

His office is quite nice and my daughter appreciated the trampoline he had in the waiting room.

If you read further DAN information, it looks like he isnt quite a DAN doctor but has been involved with DAN seminars.

For more of a caveat -I am a teacher in SE michigan and a special ed person in the district knew of him and he did not have a good reputation with her or the parents he worked with. From what I could tell it was because he was a little too crunchy for the conservative parents but yet I did listen to what she had to say.

A parent of one of my students takes her child to a DAN doctor in grass lake.

Former Special Ed Teacher  now SAHM mamma to 2 girls autismribbon.gif(4/06) and thumbsuck.gif (5/08) EBF via donor milk. Wife DH : Fur mamma to 2 pugs and 1 grey kitty - its a zoo around here!  pos.gif Feb 2013..Will you help feed our new blessing?winner.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page