Whose child is on ONLY formula past 2yo - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-04-2010, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm sure I recall someone here having an older child who was ONLY on formula. Maybe it was an older baby...

Whomever it is, could you pm me?

Thanks!

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#2 of 14 Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My dd is on Elecare as her primary source of nutrition. She can passed a few food trials and can have bananas, white potatoe, and rice.

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

#3 of 14 Old 03-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lots of kids are on formula only after age 2, especially tube-fed ones. My DD is 2 1/2 and gets only formula and about 2 oz a day of juice to prevent constipation.
#4 of 14 Old 03-04-2010, 02:05 PM

My daughter is 3 1/2 and is 100% tube fed with pepetamen jr 1.5 calorie formula.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#5 of 14 Old 03-04-2010, 04:34 PM

my kid is 3 and is tube fed only peptamin jr, water, and polycose.
#6 of 14 Old 03-04-2010, 06:30 PM

My aunt was donating breastmilk to the hospital milk bank and there was a 14 yo boy that was living on donated breastmilk and nothing else.

Close to formula only, but probably not very helpful.

Resistance is futile Matey
#7 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 10:51 AM

Hi, I'm new, but I wanted to post because my DS is 16 months old and on breastmilk only. We are trying to switch him over to Elecare Vanilla (elemental formula) so I can stop pumping. He has a feeding disorder and refuses to eat, and has food intolerances that cause eczema and digestive issues.

Hayley, exclusively pumping (eliminating dairy and soy) 2 years now! Proud mommy to:Owyn 2/8/03 and Dominic 10/16/08 (GERD, SPD, pediatric feeding disorder, eczema) # 3 EDD 07/13/11
#8 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 10:57 AM

Welcome Dom&O!

You should post an intro so we can all "meet" you

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#9 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 12:15 PM

I would, but I wasn't sure if I would be accepted as I'm not sure if he is special needs. He has GERD and as I said a feeding disorder, but after reading all of the posts on your diagnosis thread I was like, whoa. You mamas are so strong and my heart and prayers go out to each and every one of you. Anyways, I was just browsing when I saw this thread. Although, if you guys accept me I'll be more then happy to do an intro..unless you meant an intro on the main page. (Bare with me, I'm new =)

Hayley, exclusively pumping (eliminating dairy and soy) 2 years now! Proud mommy to:Owyn 2/8/03 and Dominic 10/16/08 (GERD, SPD, pediatric feeding disorder, eczema) # 3 EDD 07/13/11
#10 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom&O View Post
I would, but I wasn't sure if I would be accepted as I'm not sure if he is special needs. He has GERD and as I said a feeding disorder, but after reading all of the posts on your diagnosis thread I was like, whoa. You mamas are so strong and my heart and prayers go out to each and every one of you. Anyways, I was just browsing when I saw this thread. Although, if you guys accept me I'll be more then happy to do an intro..unless you meant an intro on the main page. (Bare with me, I'm new =)
Of course you'll be accepted!! There are all different types of special needs here, several of us have experience with GERD and feeding issues (my son was oh-so-closer to getting a g-tube, but thankfully avoided it. Some kiddos have tubes.)

One thing that's so great about this special needs board is that we're never in competition about who has it worse. This truly is a supportive group!

So yeah, intro yourself in the special needs main area, share as much as you're comfortable with

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#11 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 03:33 PM

my kid is 2.5 and only on formula (we have to mix ourselves due to his corn and soy intolerance), plus pureed peaches and bread. Formula is 95% of his diet. He doesn't have a g-tube, and takes formula from a bottle still (he has major trouble with sippy cups, regular cups, and straws).
#12 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My DD is 11 mos old, has a g tube, and only gets breast milk and blenderized foods. I keep pumping, but we have no plans to ever start formulas, just move to an all blenderized diet.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)
#13 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 10:31 PM

well, you know VeeGee is. at two it was elecare, at about three and a half (i think) we switched to peptamen junior). and now i'm remembering that i was supposed to send you something relative to this. eeek sorry.

Wendy ~ mom to VeeGee (6/05), who has PRS, Apraxia, SPD, VPI, a G-Tube, 14q duplication, and is a delightful little pistol! I'm an English professor and a writer.
#14 of 14 Old 03-08-2010, 09:04 PM

My daughter is 6 and she feeds 100% via g-tube. Her only source of nutrition is Pediasure w/Fiber. She doesn't get anything else via the tube. She use to get juice but we were afraid that she was getting too many cals so we cut it out and the GI doc was okay with it. She is within the limits when it comes to the height/weight ration chart.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page