RDI Consultants (in VA/MD area) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-29-2010, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

Do you have thoughts to share about using an RDI consultant?

Anyone ever use or hear anything about Sarah Honda at the Autism Therapy Centre in Oakton, VA?

She is licensed, but I want to find out more about her before I invest all this time and money into her practice.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is a yahoo group for RDI and I would ask there to see if anyone knows her. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Autism...guid=200541244
I used a consultant out of the Raleigh area of NC that is terrific. I looked and she would be four hours though. We traveled 14 hours to see her and did most by phone/video though distance stuff is not as ideal as being there. I'm just mentioning because if you're actually closer to her it might be something to consider. The VA lady might be good too. Has she been around for a while? You could ask to talk to her clients and even to meet her (I would do that) before committing.

We had a bad consultant (they did not allow her to keep consulting) when we started and that was frustrating. The consultant matters. I think most are good (they are picky) but had I met the woman we used ahead of time (or talked to people who used her/asked around) I would have known she wasn't a good choice. We had the NC consultant (Amy Cameron) and she is terrific. We are now consulting with someone in our state and it's nice to be local in terms of connections with other RDI families especially. Local is good. Distance works.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

User Tag List