Unvaccinated & on the spectrum - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-24-2010, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if anyone here has walked this road before me (figuring yes) and if you found anything useful to read about it. I felt like seeking out info about it because I'm wondering if the treatment that would work best for DS would be different in any way than the treatment that might work best for a vaxed kid. I know all the treatments are sort of trial and error but there is so much to choose from, maybe some articles would narrow it down.

For example, when I read something like Mother Warriors or an ASD book that talks a lot about vaxes, I feel outrage over bullied parents and other things but I feel a little.. lost too, like where are we in this.

I googled something like unvaccinated autism and I just didn't really find what I was looking for (perhaps I don't know what I'm looking for)

So far we have DS on the GF CF diet and I have seen improvement.

I think I was going to write more but DS wants me.
#2 of 5 Old 06-24-2010, 06:32 PM

My ds is on the spectrum and we don't vax. He has Asperger's. I don't think it makes a difference personally.

If you have heavy metals as a factor then they are from somewhere but ours is apparently pretty solidly hereditary. I have never thought vax was the reason for autism. I think that it can be a contributor along with many other things. Autism and its relatives are sets of symptoms. IMO it is basically a type of brain damage/brain development defect that could be triggered by any number of things. One kind may be caused by toxins but I think others are not. And toxins exists in many places besides vaccines so if you want to look into that you should regardless of vax status.

For our son he is not temporarily in a toxified state that can be remedied. Some people are and can. Our son has differences in his brain that I don't believe are reversible. He does therapies to teach him skills. He gets social coaching. He will always be an Aspie. We help him be his best rather than trying to fix him. I used to think maybe otherwise but now this is my conclusion.

Your situation may be different. I wish you the best in finding answers and walking this path with your child.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#3 of 5 Old 06-24-2010, 07:22 PM

Us too. The Gut and Psychology Syndrome book by Natasha Campbell-McBride explained a lot for me (and we're following her recommended diet with great improvement as well)

DD 9/06, DS 11/08
#4 of 5 Old 06-26-2010, 05:09 AM

My dd is on the spectrum and never had a vax, or any other medication for that matter. She was diagnosed at 3 and now at 5 she no longer displays the behaviors for which she was diagnosed. It turns out she was suffering from severe gut damage due to eosinophilic esophagitis; as she healed with treatment, the autism went away.

In short, I believe autism is caused by gut damage, which could be due to a vaccine, allergies, or medical problems.
#5 of 5 Old 06-26-2010, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSerene View Post
In short, I believe autism is caused by gut damage, which could be due to a vaccine, allergies, or medical problems.
while that was the case for your DD, other people try the same treatment and see no difference at all.

I think you should edit yourself to say "autism is SOMETIMES caused by gut damage."

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page