Tubes fell out, ear drums healed, 3 weeks later, ruptured ear drum :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-26-2010, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

3 weeks ago I found out that Connor's ear tubes were out and a tympanogram showed that his ear drums had healed.  He's had the same set of tubes for nearly 3 years, so it wasn't surprising that they fell out.  A week and a half later, he started acting sick, and today the green gunk started draining out of his left ear.  Great.  

His Ped called his ENT and they discussed what to do, we have meds and a follow up appt in 2 weeks with the Ped.  Our next appt with ENT is in Feb, but if we have another infection before then (or if this one doesn't go away with the first round of abx...it sometimes takes 2-3 courses) then we'll go see ENT sooner.  

Man I wish there was a way to stop these infections.  We do everything we can to prevent, but his structural issues are just a breeding ground for ear infections :(  

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aww poor kiddo!
You are right, three years is a long time for tubes to stay in so it isn't a surprise they decided to fall out. It's such a bummer that he got another infection so soon though! Hopefully the one nasty one post tubes is it. Crossing my fingers for him.

My oldest had tubes that stayed in for a long time like that and after they fondly fell out she had ear infections but they were not nearly as often as prior to tubes. Now when she gets them, though, she does end up with a rupture. I wonder if this is from scar tissue? I always feel horrible for her too, that's gotta hurt.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

poor baby,  I hope the abx will work and poor conor can get new tubes soon.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)

User Tag List