Mothering Forum banner

We're still here, Just very lost in all this and not to mention exhausted :(

665 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  NataliaI 
#1 ·
I'm not sure what to write here apart from the fact I am becoming exhausted with my son's behaviour.

I know it's not bad behaviour it is more than that, but when he's kicking off in the Supermarket and people who just stare at us, it really bugs me.

I want to help him - I just don't know where to start.

We still have no diagnosis.

To help him I must understand which ASD he has and I can't do that.

I have however now started a video diary of events because I want to physically SHOW others what he is like.

His latest compulsive noise making is ''A-chew''

He is becoming quite aggressive too, If he doesn't want to do something he will PUNCH the wall, then create blue murder he's hurt himself, His rages are not normal and It's absolutely tiring me out, I have 4 other children to care for, (all younger than him) and I just get so lost in the moment.

How do you cope?

Is there any herbal medication that can calm him down a bit?

He's already on daily Lactobacilis and Imodium for IBS symptoms.

Any help greatly appreciated x

See less See more
#2 ·
I would take him to a pyschologist for an evaluation and a developmental pediatrician; check if you have something like this in your city

Center of Hope for Child Development - Department of Pediatrics.

I would also search for a local "Autism Center".

Ds is diagnosed ADHD and possible Asperger's. His aggressiveness got better when medicated for ADHD and improved more with CBT.

I used to give him a magnesium supplement which helped take the edge off; there have been studies where have of the child participants with Autism showed improvement in behavior with a combination of magnesium and vitamin B6. Also, some posters have noted behavior improvement with a fish oil or Omega3-DHA supplement.

#3 ·
Cell salts can help calm children (and adults) a bit. You can buy a combination of the 5 phosphates from the hfs or 800homeopathy.com.

Remember to always follow your mother instincts. If you feel that a diagnosis would be helpful, do get one.

It must be quite challenging with 4 younger children. Understanding what underlies the behavior will help. When he is kicking, use words that let him know you are on his side, "You must be really frustrated/angry/upset.... I can tell because you are kicking. What can we do to help you?" This type of language is helpful for him and for you as you shift your focus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.