Mothering Forum banner

Tremor?

406 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dairy2dogs 
#1 ·
Anyone have a child with tremor? My son is 15 yrs and has had hand tremors getting progressively worse since toddlerhood. (he also has an ASD dx) He now wants to try medication. I'd love to speak to someone dealing with the same thing and hopefully someone using medication to control tremor. We see a neurologist on the 28th.

#2 ·
Does it act like an essential tremor? Those run in my family. I have a cousin (neurotypical) whose is quite noticeable. Mine is very mild. I don't have a child with one (at this point anyway that I've noticed). I just wanted to respond and bump up and say I hope something is found to help him feel more comfortable.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

His Grandmas has essential tremor but I've not seen her shake as violently has my son do. Sometime my son has milder tremors but then it almost seems like a spasm when he tries to grap a glass, lets say, and everything goes flying. I feel so bad for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.