swim goggles - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-15-2010, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone know of a swim goggle that doesn't pull over the head?  I was thinking something that clipped in the back (like a seat belt) might work great.  My son hates the feeling of the elastic pulling over his head to take goggles on and off but does really want to be able to see underwater (sensory processing issues with the goggles). 

Any suggestions?  Thanks so much!

#2 of 5 Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 PM

We have some that clip in back.  Don't know brand, but we bought them at Costco.  Off season now. 

Sporting goods stores have the best selection.

Natalia
Easier, healthier living for Uniquely Magnificent Kids and Their Mothers
#3 of 5 Old 12-16-2010, 11:28 AM

If you can't find the kind that snap in back, Swim Outlet has a bungee cord that you can substitute for the white elastic strap:

http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/1169.htm

It might be less uncomfortable for him than the white elastic bands.

#4 of 5 Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 AM

I'm not sure if this will help, but the nicer goggles (we use Speedo Jr. Vanquishers for my daughter) have a double strap in the back, so it's much more adjustable than the cheaper, one-piece wide rubber strap that goes across the back. My daughter pulls one up on the crown of her head and the other strap lower on the back of her head. That way you don't have the firmer and thicker rubber strap pulling the goggles

tight right on the back of the head. My daughter is 8 years old and is standing here. She says the double straps are more comfortable "because they make the pressure spread out on the back of your head."

Raising and educating free-range kids in our farmhouse at the maple woods. In March, find us in the sugarbush making pure maple syrup.

1 me + 1 hubby + 4 kids + 5 goats + 3 pigs + 3 dozen chickens + 6 ducks = 1 crazy place
#5 of 5 Old 12-18-2010, 04:30 PM

I have the bungees on my goggles. They are pretty much the same as other straps, the advantage is that you can adjust them more easily and crank them in really tight before a race so your goggles don't fall off. I guess you could put them on loosely and tighten them once they are on but they take a lot of hard pulling and your son might not like that.

I think what you want are these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cyclone-II-Silver-and-Clear/dp/B001RC5W8A/ref=sr_1_9?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1292718558&sr=1-9 They have a clasp in the back. But I don't see them for sale anywhere in the US. Maybe eBay??

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page