Static encephalopathy with autistic regression - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son at 6 months was starting to crawl and talk at 8 months he stopped doing it all. His eyes were crossing and the optromitist said it was a baby thing that there wasn't anything wrong. My son did not start walking until he was 18 months old. That's when or ped, told us about a parent/child learning group. They made me referels to neurologists and things that they thought my son needed. My sons first diagnosis at age 2 was cranial stenosis, gliousis, and sinus disease. At age 6 without even seeing my son for over a year they changed his diagnosis to Static Encephalopathy with Autistic Regression.  I am looking for parents that may have children with the same issues to help me out with what to expect. My son is very scheduled because if he isn't he is hard to deal with. He is in a great school that has helped him with ot, pt, speech therapy and he will be starting kindergarten next year. But he does throw fits and throws things, hits. Still has some issues with talking what we called chinese. He knows and has retained some sign language, and spanish, japenese and is wonderful at spelling, numbers and with music. But it is still some areas where he has issues. I am curious as if they will get better or if this is just something that will not change.

User Tag List