Question for those that do Cone Enemas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2011, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What do you use in the water? We usually use Castile Soap. However, the soap was made by Triad that is in BIG trouble with tainted wipes. Our supplier is no longer selling the soap. I can’t find Castile Soap that doesn’t have something in it like lavender or vanilla.

So what do you use?

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 12:27 PM

Hi,

I don't use it for cone enemas, but I saw this post and saw you didn't have any responses, and I do know a source of good castile soap.

I ahve a gallon of this under my sink right now:

http://store.17thcenturysuds.com/organic-liquid-soap

(note that the last scent is "unscented.")

They're local to me, so I bought it at the Farmers Market, but they do ship orders.  

I'd imagine there are other small businesses out there like them, maybe one close enough to you to not have to ship a heavy bottle of soap?   

savithny, 42 year old moderate mom to DS Primo (age 12) and DD Secunda (age 9).

Old 06-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think Dr Bronners makes a scent free castile soap, available in gallons. It is the "baby" one. 

Old 06-24-2011, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by savithny View Post

Hi,

I don't use it for cone enemas, but I saw this post and saw you didn't have any responses, and I do know a source of good castile soap.

I ahve a gallon of this under my sink right now:

http://store.17thcenturysuds.com/organic-liquid-soap

(note that the last scent is "unscented.")

They're local to me, so I bought it at the Farmers Market, but they do ship orders.  

I'd imagine there are other small businesses out there like them, maybe one close enough to you to not have to ship a heavy bottle of soap?   

Great!  I will check this out.

I did talk with the nurse at the Urologist office.  She said we can try baby soap and see how she does with that.  We tried glycerin in the past and that was awful.  She cried and screamed the whole time from the cramping.  So I want to be careful what we try.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I knew when I first saw it that one day, I'd need it.  My son will be going to the cone enemas soon.  We've been told that plain water is an option.  I don't like Bronner's, but I'm willing to consider Kirk's.  Any experience with that one?  Any insight in the last year on cone enemas?  Love it, hate it, indifferent?

Old 11-09-2012, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

We have only been doing the warm water.  Never did go back to castile soap.

Doing the enema each night is getting to be a bit of a struggle.    Gabrielle is starting to hate it.  But we have to keep reminding her if she doesn't, she could have an accident at school.

User Tag List