Digestive issues? Tips? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-28-2011, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI,

Our DS is 3 was diagnosed with PDD-NOS a couple of months ago and will be in starting at an autism day treatment class soon and my question is regarding digestion and sensory issues....DS gets probiotics and has a very limited diet because he has severe allergies, we give him omegas, probiotics and a multi vitamin but his digestion seems so out of whack! And he hates being changed, doesn't acknowledge very well he needs to be changed and protests the entire time. Recently he's been having some black watery & loose BM's. He usually has about 3-4 BM's a day and they are usually not solid. I know too much potatoes is bad for him, he's allergic to corn so if gets some canola oil in him it's also not helpful.He's very sensitive to the corn, if he eats corn fed beef he will vomit and get a rash, if he eats grass fed beef he doesn't vomit or get a rash.

What more can I do for him? I'm worried about him having these in the class (it's only 2 1/2 hrs but still) and not letting them change him. He gets really bad diaper rashes from this if he isn't changed well/soon.

Here's his allergies (blood & skin testing + trials) he's had many of these since being an infant: dairy, eggs, wheat/gluten, rye, buckwheat, spelt, soy, nuts, corn, spinach, cauliflower, melons, oranges, pork, turkey, raspberries, garlic, mustard, bees, penicillan, latex? and lots of seasonal & environmental stuff.

Any tips?

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page