How to Clean the House - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-08-2012, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wrote a blog article about how to clean house! As an aspie, I wrote it from my perspective for others w/ a similar level of functionality. Might work for various levels, of course, and maybe it'll give someone an idea to work with for their non-ASD kids. :)

http://parentingwithaspergers.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-to-clean-house.html

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#2 of 11 Old 02-08-2012, 04:47 PM

Like that one Harper Rose.  I think this one would be very helpful to lots of people both on and off the spectrum.  Especially adults dealing with ADHD, but some NTs who just aren't in the cleaning habit, too.

Oh, and my house gets like that, too sometimes.  I also do massive and intense cleans all at once and feel like taking pictures to prove it!

HarperRose likes this.

Busy keeping up with three children and an awful lot of chickens!

#3 of 11 Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Yeah, I think it could really be useful to anybody. Very simple and not overly wordy!

Feel free to share it wherever you think it might help. :)

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#4 of 11 Old 02-08-2012, 09:09 PM

Thanks so much for this post- I cleaned my house today just like you said and it's not done yet but major improvement!  Thanks for ideas!  I have add... and its a chore to get things done around here..

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#5 of 11 Old 02-08-2012, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Aw, YAY! I'm so glad it helped!!

I have ADHD, too, in addition to the Aspergers, so yeah, I understand where you're coming from! lol

#6 of 11 Old 02-08-2012, 10:04 PM

I have been reading your blog and wonder if I have aspergers to....

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#7 of 11 Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mom31, it took me a good while to come to terms with it and accept it. Meeting another aspie friend really made it click for me. I have long suspected it, but it's just so painfully obvious, I don't know why I ever doubted. :p LOL

Have you taken the Aspie Quiz? http://rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php Just go to I ACCEPT and take it. It's about 15 minutes long or so.

journeymom likes this.

#8 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 12:38 AM

That was a good blog post!  I'm not diagnosed with anything, but I majorly struggle with keeping up on the housework.  I put a lot of time into it, but laundry is a big problem of mine, and just keeping things picked-up and put away. . . redface.gif

Bathroom is pretty clean though, kitchen too, except the floor.  But that's only because I get really freaked out if my kitchen or bathroom isn't clean, I can't stand it, sort of makes me sick, so I make it a priority to get it done. . . I wish I felt that way about the rest of the house, but it doesn't seem to bother me in the same way.  orngtongue.gif  I spend a lot of time working on it but it's often a disaster.

#9 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 AM

Oh sorry, didn't mean to intrude on Special Needs parenting board -- not sure how I got here!  shy.gif  I don't really have anything to contribute to this discussion, I saw the title of this post and had to have a look.  Keeping a clean, neat house is something I've been thinking about a lot lately.  

#10 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

LOL! No worries, WatersEdge! Glad it helped! :)

#11 of 11 Old 02-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I am not on the spectrum but sometimes suspect I have some kind of undiagnosed ADHD, and my complete inability to keep order in my house, my closets and on my desks is part of it!

I am usually able to keep it together at work (but have made professional mistakes due to inability to keep track of files) and compensate with being really fast with stuff once get around to doing it and manage to find all I need. Having to do my tax returns makes me want to cry, every year! I am th ekind of person who, before everything was downsized in the public sector, would have manged real well with having a super-efficient secretary to manage stuff for me. Now that they've gotten rid of everyone they could get rid of and only kept on the absolute worst cases who are even more useless than I am at organization, no such luck...

I have no problems with food, dishes, laundry and trash, things are generally clean - but NEVER in the right place. Sigh. I whaven't found a good solution for that one yet.

Mesleepytime.gifDH geek.gif DS1 10/06 drum.gif DD 08/10 notes.gifDS2 10/12babyf.gifwith SB ribbonyellow.gif and cat.gifcat.gif 

Tags
Special Needs Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page