muscular dystrophy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-13-2012, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wondering if anyone that has kiddos with this can give me some more insight. What were your kids' CK levels when they were diagnosed or a diagnosis was suspected? We have run the CPK twice now. The first time it was slightly elevated but not enough to worry too much about but this last time its even higher. I have yet to hear back from dr. yet as there were some other tests run at the same time and I'm assuming they're waiting for all the tests to come in to contact me. Just wondering if someone can give me some insight. I know the normal levels according to my dr. are 30-150 u/l . My dd is 2 1/2. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

#2 of 5 Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Just bumping this in case anyone that may be able to help or have ideas missed it.

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

#3 of 5 Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 AM

My son's ck levels were in the 12,000 range.  His liver enzymes were very high in the 400-500 range as well.  He was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy at 2 1/2 yrs old.  His doctor recommended a chewable enzyme supplement with every meal, a liver detox supplement, vitamin E, selenium, l-carnitine, coq10, and an arthritis supplement among other things.  It seems to be helping, and I am curious to know what his levels are now.  Hopefully we will be getting them checked soon.

#4 of 5 Old 08-29-2013, 02:04 PM

Hi,

I know this is an older thread, but I have a 19 yr old with DMD.

Anytime you need info or to bounce an idea, I can help,

Jacqui

#5 of 5 Old 03-30-2014, 02:51 PM

Hi. My son was diagnosed at age 7 with ck level of 21,000. At 11 he's struggling to be a "regular" kid. He takes CoQ10, Vitamin E, Calcium and Omega 3 ... and a lot of heating pads, stretching, massage, aqua therapy, yoga is next

Tags
Special Needs Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page