ASD and GFCFSF diet question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have had my high functioning ASD ds on the GFCFSF diet for about 6 months now and he has shown MAJOR improvement. We decided to see if soy affected him, we weren't sure if soy was a culprit or not because we started the diet soy free to begin with just in case. One cup of soy yogurt and the next day he was in La La land and stayed there for 4 days! So OBVIOUSLY soy was a culprit. He is thankfully back from La La land and doing great again. However the other day he accidently drank some cow milk and since he had slipped we thought we might as well let the kid have the milkshke he has been bugging me for for 6 months. So he drank a whole large milkshake and the next day, NOTHING. He seemed fine! Has anyone heard of casein not having an effect and soy having a MAJOR effect. Why would this happen? Now I am wondering about Gluten, but am afraid to try because of how long I hear it takes to clear the system. Anyone else dealt with this? Or know why it would be?

2 Perfect  uc.jpg births!.    h20homebirth.gif.signcirc1.gifsaynovax.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
3 babes in heaven angel.gif, 3 boys on earth. Planning UC #3 !!! Jesus is my Lord praying.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 06:39 PM

I'm hoping to hear more personal stories on this subject. I've seen improvements in my DS with the GFCF diet - healthy regular poops and less spacing out for sure. We have not tried SF. Although he consumes very little. Perhaps your DS now has improved digestion and can handle dairy but is still sensitive to soy.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:34 PM

It sounds like he may have leaky gut but has healed enough to start introducing dairy.  I'm hoping to reintroduce dairy to my kiddos soon. 

treehugger.gif mama to flower.gif and stillheart.gif and baby.gif

femalesling.GIF  bfinfant.gif  familybed1.gif

User Tag List