ADD OR ADHD! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my first child a son at the age of 19, I did not smoke, do drugs or drink while pregnant (i do not do those things anyway) but when he was six monthes old I noticed he could get four hours of sleep and be ok. At ten monthes he started to walk well run because that's now all he does he does not sit still from sun up to sun down. He is now about to turn two, in lack of a better word he is very wild. He sleeps a lot more than he used too, the doctor suggested a magnetic mattress pad and I agree. But I'm starting to think its not just sleep. I'm concerned because he does not eat, no form of discipline is working, he does what he wants to do period, if not he throws a terrible tantrums. He is very intelligent but does not talk besides mama and dada. He makes noises and uses his hands to direct me to what he wants. I'm kinda at wits end and his father was diagnosed with adhd at the age of three, so now he is going to be evaluated by children's hospital. We do not wish to medicate him. I must get a job but I'm starting to fear my son will not be ok in a babysitter or daycare environment. So what I'm looking for is advice on sleeping or sleep aids ( I've heard of melatonin or chaomilla) discipline anything would be awesome!

Tags
Signature , Mothering Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page