dream with me- the perfect school for your aspie kiddo - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-01-2012, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have been a bit unhappy with my son's school lately, but since he is only in kindergarten I have started thinking about starting a school for him. So I have started to dream big and maybe I can figure out how to do this for real down the line.

So dream with me folks! What would the dream school for your child look like?

My dream school has multi year classrooms, year round with short breaks, is inclusive with a big community of aspies but plenty of others, maybe 3:1 nuerotypical to ASD. OT based physical exercise twice a day, intensive social skills and PLAY as part of the curriculum, and paired grouping for pullout services for EVERY childs strengths and weaknesses so my kid doesnt feel so damn singled out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-02-2012, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Love it!

DS (6) is diagnosed with Asperger's, Hypotonia, and Static Encephalopothy 

#3 of 3 Old 05-24-2012, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi my son has a wonderful young teacher and he gets to pick a friend to take break time with or involve in games as part of his skills development according to his IEP. He is v popular as the kids get to escape classwork for about 15 min and play games with him taking turns, explaining rules, winning and losing etc. He gets to spend time with all the kids as they get rotated and it works out well. Also for his sensory breaks he gets to do stuff he really enjoys and doesn't mind coming back to class afterwards!

Tags
Special Needs Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page