Recommendation for evaluation in the Rockford, IL area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2012, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm planning to cross-post this in FYT as well.Can anyone give me a good recommendation for an evaluation for possible autism/aspergers? My nephew lives in that area, and my sister has had a lot of trouble finding anyone to provide them with an accurate and helpful diagnosis. They have been working through the school, and have run into several instances of things being delayed, and there is also some question as to the accuracy of the current diagnosis. My sister is also not a persistent advocate, and I feel things are being swept under the rug-to the detriment of my nephew.

My sister is not in anyway AP, so that is not a consideration, but they do not have good insurance, so the ability to pay out of pocket is important.

Thank you!

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Bumping your post up for attention. thumb.gif

Old 06-28-2012, 07:47 PM

I'm from Indiana but I could tell you what I did. Hopefully someone from the area responds too because a first hand recommendation would be great. But i contacted an autism support group in our area and got recommendations from them. Then I called the places and asked specific questions about their experience in evaluating my type of child (especially younger ages) and costs. Then I selected the best option from that. I found this support group out of Rockford. http://www.rockfordautism.com/ and it looks like they have links to other groups in the area. If she/you can get recommendations from actual parents that would be the very best thing I think.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

Old 07-01-2012, 04:22 PM

I know Dixon, IL has a apraxia support group.  I believe it's through Kreider.  It would be probably too far for her to drive (45 minutes), but she could give them a call and maybe they'll have information of people in Rockford to contact. 

User Tag List