Social Skills Book: Social Behavior Mapping... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ds is doing a social skills group this summer and Social Behavior Mapping is one of the books that his ST works from. She copied some pages for me but I have problems remembering how these exercises are supposed to go so I got the book and the Social Behavior Map write-on poster (which is prominently displayed in my kitchen since it's too big to hang on a door eyesroll.gif). We've had other books like the "Social Skills Picture Book" and "You Are a Social Detective," but reading to him or having him read it hasn't worked well; having something to do (like writing on the poster or a dry erase board) seems to be working better. So, if you are still looking for the "right" book to help with social skills here is another book you could check outsmile.gif.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#2 of 2 Old 07-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Thanks so much Emmeline II. We'd love to have your reviews of the books in our Reviews section. innocent.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page