my Granddaughter is 15 mo old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

she does not want to eat from a spoon and will not pick up food they put on her tray and put it in her mouth. We believe it is oral aversion. she did eat from the spoon when she was little but just stopped. she does not like her face or hands touche but her mom and dad can kiss her on the face, she reaches out her arms to her mom and give her a kiss. she has a pediatric app't on next Tues, she needs to be evaluated. they do not force her at all, she is a very happy and content baby, she loves one of their cats, and pets him and loves his tail, and he loves her. Please pray that she will get the correct therapy and therapist to help us and especially her, she is my 1st granddaughter, we all just want to help her in anyway we can.

thank you for reading this. I look forward to replies

God Bless

#2 of 3 Old 08-09-2012, 01:32 PM

When in doubt, check it out.  If you are in NJ (based on your name - lol) and are near Marlton NJ, I highly recommend our speech therapists office.  They do the feeding as well as speech.  It's Rizza Miro & Associates.  The only negative, they don't take insurance.  They are reasonable though and they are amazing.  CHOP has a great feeding program but there is a hell of a wait from what I hear - but they do take insurance.

Walking to raise money for Apraxia - feel free to join me if you are in the area or donate http://www.apraxia-kids.org/southjerseywalk/juliefoxx
#3 of 3 Old 08-09-2012, 01:38 PM

My son has this. I think it is from giving him oral medacines and forcing them like antibiotics. Also he has an alergy to rice cereal and I still fed it to him without realizing it a few times. So he associates food with being forced to eat medacine while he screams and food also also makes him throw up for hours.

I'm not sure if hers is the same issue. But HE WILL NOT let us feed him anything, at all. I can't even offer him a teething toy. He is totally skeptical of anything near his mouth now (i feel s guilty poor guy) He sometimes will warm up and taste something off of his tray but never ejnough to be considered eating.

Good luck I hope they find some asnwers.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page