Mood Chart - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-13-2012, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My son's psychiatrist asked us to start keeping a mood chart. He is 12 but reads on a first grade level so we need something pretty simple. There are many chart styles available online. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I like ones like this for that age:  http://www.child-behavior-guide.com/support-files/feeling-charts-01.pdf but I think that one is too busy.  It's a lot of work, but I made my own stickers with emoticons like the one in the link and then did my own chart for the week with "morning", "lunchtime", "afternoon" and "before bed" and then let my son stick the emoticon sticker he wanted on it.  I also made sure to leave room for two stickers in case moods changed (depending on the swings your child has--you might want to leave room for 3-4)

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
Old 08-14-2012, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks, I will probably try to create something myself that includes bits and pieces of different charts tailored to my son's needs. I am still open to other suggestions too. Maybe he should have a chart and I should have one for my observations. For example his chart might say happy and I might observe hyper/can't slow down/can't focus (he often seems really happy when he is bouncing off the walls). Has anyone else felt like their observations conflict with what the child is reporting?

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 08-15-2012, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattimomma View Post

Thanks, I will probably try to create something myself that includes bits and pieces of different charts tailored to my son's needs. I am still open to other suggestions too. Maybe he should have a chart and I should have one for my observations. For example his chart might say happy and I might observe hyper/can't slow down/can't focus (he often seems really happy when he is bouncing off the walls). Has anyone else felt like their observations conflict with what the child is reporting?

That is an AWESOME idea.  Yes--I find that my son will sometimes be ADAMANT that he's not upset... AS HE IS WHINING AND CRYING!!!  eyesroll.gif

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...

User Tag List