Due Process - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2012, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We have a special education attorney representing my son and are in the process of filing so I can't disclose any details of our case but I wanted to hear from others who have been through it. If you can please share your experiences.

Thanks!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Did you mean to post this to another thread? Or is the title and your post enough information for people to understand what you are referring to?

Old 08-24-2012, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I assumed people here would know what I was talking about and asking for their experiences with it. Basically I wanted to know if anyone has filed due process, what was the experience like, how did things get resolved.

The IDEA includes rules of procedure for resolving disputes between parents and schools. These rules include mediation, due process hearings, and appeals to state or federal court. (Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, page 107-115)

A due process hearing is usually a formal, contested, adversarial trial. Special education cases are similar to medical malpractice cases, with battles of expert witnesses, and the emotions of bitterly contested divorce cases with child custody and equitable distribution issues

http://www.wrightslaw.com/info/dp.index.htm

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 08-24-2012, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got the reference but I haven't been through it; I can only recommend visiting wrightslaw.com if you haven't already.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."

User Tag List