Supplements/ raw vegan diet ideas for a teen autistic child.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-31-2012, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mamas,

So my 14 year old son, who is autistic and mostly non-verbal, is having a bad body odor issue and i'm thinking maybe he needs to detox a bit. He has been having alot of cheese recently (although i kept him away from all dairy for a long while) and he eats alot of pasta, breads,rice too. So i was thinking of using chlorella, but i don't know how to get it in him lol... he won't drink/eat things if he doesn't like it and i tried to get him to swallow a pill and he wouldn't do it. I am also lean more towards a raw vegan myself and think he'd do better on that kind of diet, but its very hard to convert others...one dp and 3 boys:)

Any ideas??

thanx

Life Learning Momma to DS17, DS16,DS9jumpers.gifas well a dog, a cat, two birds...ttc babygirl.gif homeschool.gifnamaste.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

There is a product i've used sometimes called chloroxygen and it is chlorophyll from stinging nettle leaves in glycerine.  The reason why I thought of it for you is because it is used for "odor" to clean a person from the inside out when they have colostomy bags so that their "waste" doesn't smell.  (sorry for the sad ucky image). I would imagine it would work for all "body smells".  It is very concentrated so you can ask your son or bribe your son or offer him dark chocolate afterward if he'll take it down, and just squeeze it into his mouth from the dropper in the bottle.  He may also be willing to drink it in water.  We use it as part of a detox sometimes and it doesn't taste bad just a strong green flavor like your eating lots of lettuce.

Personally, I love the taste of the wheat grass flash frozen cubes you can buy from whole foods.  I mix two of them with a cup of water and let them melt like ice into my drink.  The diluted with water taste is like watermelon rind mixed with your water.  Nice and mild flavor and my kids love it.  Of course wheat grass juice is very detoxifying and great for odor.  I've even given it to my mother in law's dog to take the smell out of his coat and funny, the dog loves it too and laps it right up!

Hope that that helps!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thanx for the reply, i will look into that. He is very picky with what he will take and he won't drink any sorta smoothies...maybe a juice..not sure. But i will look into getting chloroxygen. And i did do the "if you take this you can have this dark chocolate i have" LOL Thats when i tried to get him to swallow chlorella tablets, but he kept it in his mouth then would take it out and make a huge mess with it as it started to melt...he just didn't understand how to swallow. How easy it would be to get so many wonderful supplements into his body if only he could swallow:)

Life Learning Momma to DS17, DS16,DS9jumpers.gifas well a dog, a cat, two birds...ttc babygirl.gif homeschool.gifnamaste.gif
Old 09-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Have you thought about using probiotics?  They really clean out the system, putting things in balance-especially if your son's consuming breads, pastas and cheese.  I use a water kefir kit found online to make my own probiotics (costs next to nothing) and put it in my kids smoothies, drinks, etc.  They don't even know they're consuming it.  I did a video on it at: http://youtu.be/2lkj_7VtwHg  Good luck! -Sarah (http://www.veggie-kids.net)

Old 09-02-2012, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thanx i will look into that. I went looking for chloroxygen at the healthfood store. I didn't see it, but i did get Chlorofresh -natural mint flavor (liquid chlorophyll) maybe thats the same kind of product anyway. And I got him to swallow some! He did not want to but i showed him DP taking it and my youngest taking it and he took it..a little upset about it, but swallowed it..yea. It says on the bottle Internal deodorant so i'm hopeful. I will look into the probiotics though as i've been thinking about taking that for myself anyhow.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 AM

Have you tried Activated Carbon? Epsom Salt baths for Magnesium? Kombucha would also be a good idea, and you can flavor it by adding some fruit juice to it. Would he drink a green smoothie, or frozen smoothie popsicles?

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcrochetsmilie.gifblahblah.gifenergy.gifgoorganic.jpggd.gifteapot2.GIFbftoddler.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 09-02-2012, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

hmmm i have not tried activated carbon or epsom salt baths....He won't drink any smoothies, but in frozen popsicle form he may:) thanx for the ideas!!

User Tag List