has anyone ever tried Cranial Sacral Therapy for a child with a ld? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2012, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have tried, and it is hard to say if it made a difference.  We didn't continue with the therapist as I didn't really like her.  Now I am searching for another one.  My son has a reading ld and it affects comprehension, what he hears, and he is borderline with attention.  He is also becoming more and more defiant and seems to be more and more stressed.  I am thinking we need to work on some more cranial work for him as well as getting him back on some good supplements.  I also need to work on removing the processed food that has worked it's way back in to our house.  But back to the question at hand, anyone have any success with cranial work with a child with ld?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Bumping this up for attention. Anyone have experiences or advice to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 09-24-2012, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I certainly think CST has it's benefits for conditions. We've done it and I never noticed a difference with DD1. I didn't do it specially for the LD but one of of other kids had torticollis so we'd go and often DD1 would get worked on as well. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We did it for my son who was in liver failure. It helped with a lot of the symptoms that came with liver failure. I highly recommend it.

xoxoxox

Old 10-06-2012, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

We're about to try it for my son who has ADHD that hasn't responded to other interventions.  My daughter had HORRIBLE torticollis as a baby (she's about to turn 4yo) and she has swallowing issues.  I ought to try it for her, too.

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...

User Tag List