Any pediatric stroke survivors here? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-22-2012, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for resources for a good friend, whose 2.5 year old daughter is recovering from a stroke that occurred as a result of a brain stem tumor. She has done very well with the surgeries to remove the tumor, but more and more they are realizing that what she is really recovering from at this point is the stroke itself. Any blogs, good websites or other resources anyone can recommend?

Here is her blog for more details on her journey so far:

http://www.juliaking1.blogspot.com/

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#2 of 4 Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I see your post was missed. I thought I'd bump it up to give it some attention and see if anyone has resources to share. bump.gif

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 4 Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM

My dd is 3.5 and had a stroke at delivery. When she was born they told us she would likely never walk, talk, or know we were in the room. Now she is a rambunctious 3 year old who talks in sentences, goes to a regular preschool, and is a general delight to be around. She still has significant fine and gross motor delays, and coordination issues, but therapy helps a ton. 

ETA- I am local to that family! PM me if they want to be in contact personally. I have great bay area resources! 

#4 of 4 Old 02-18-2013, 04:07 AM

Askew i have a 4 mth old bby girl who was born with several strokes n has her with alot of delays n complications n the doctor told us the same thing which some things they are tru . Other are not yet i jus wanted to know how did you deal n cope with everything that was going on with ur baby girl

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page