Anyone know what this might be? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-24-2012, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Let me describe my 4yo, in random order of importance or significance. Maybe none of it is significant. Maybe there is a label out there for him. Maybe there is an explanation based on  brain development/chemistry.

(Fyi, we dont consume much sugar is this house, and dont consume any food dyes i am aware of. We have honey, and sometimes chocolate. )

My son-

-sneaks drinks of orange juice in the middle of the night so there is none left for breakfast

-sneaks chocolate eating

-used to eat handfuls of the sugar sitting on the table if we went to a restaurant

-always has difficulties leaving the house, no matter how prepared, and will end up crying about something

-often says his clothes are uncomfortable no matter what he is wearing

-when he was born (a homebirth) he turned the wrong way when crowning, the midwife remarked she had never seen this, afterh e was born, it became apparent that the cord was wrapped around his body, so that his turning allowed him to unravel from it.

-would often accidentally hurt me as a baby, (like swipe my eye or something, (other babies never did this), as a toddler, accidentally hurt me,  now seems to have more control, but somehow doesnt seem quite aware of his body

-when he gets an idea, he somehow CANNOT change it,  its like his brain is stuck,  and requires time to change gears.  This causes tantrums.

-he is left handed

-he rarely eats breakfast, but will have it as a later snack. We have always had breakfast in this household

-last winter came out with a big rash on his cheek that didnt go away until it warmed up. This has not come back this winter.

Something about the inability to CHANGE  his mind, to become fixated on  something no matter the  cost, and the sugar thing, makes me think there is some kind of  brain chemistry thing going on. The left handedness may be connected, as well as this slightly off centredness when it comes to his body awareness in space.

(fyi,  he is somewhat athletic though)

Doc suggested adhd, i dont  really buy the concept of adhd as it describes  a cluster of symptoms but does not explain the cause. I want to UNDERSTAND my son, not give him a label (unless the label enables me to understand him :shrug)

Any takers?

ps. edited to add-the other symptom, is that he is constantly putting things in his mouth. Even now at  almost 5!   I shudder to think of what he has put in his body over the years from this chewing of plastics and other things. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Is your DS vaccinated? What were is apgar scores? When was the cord cut - ie immediately or was it left until it finished pulsating? Did he have problems nursing? Was he a colicy baby? Did he have or does he have sleep issues? Is he a picky eater? Does he have gut issues? Does he have allergies or eczema? Do you suspect nutritional deficiences? Has he had any infections that required antibiotics? Does he have midline issues, that is problems crossing his body? How is his muscle tone? How is his balance? Did the doctor ask any of these questions? 

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 12-24-2012, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Look up Tinus Smitts on the internet.  He was a dutch homeopath who created a system called inspiring homeopathy.  One of the remedies he prescribed frequently (he passed away 3 years ago) is called Saccharinum (table sugar) used to deal with just this issue (sugar craving) as well as the typical gamut of ADHD symptoms often seen in young boys.  His website is an interesting read.  He summarizes his remedies well so you can get a feel for them.  He uses these remedies as "universal miasms" covering the complexity of the new human condition of this past century such as too much food and carbs, toxins and vaccines. 

Most of us express a lack of self love or acceptance at one point in our lives, and sometimes, although a home is loving and caring, can inadvertently pass on our lack of self acceptance to our children because they read us so well.  Saccharinum is a remedy which helps us love ourself and not look to "sugar" as a substitute for love.  Sorry if that's deep.  Homeopathy has an emotional component but will also deal with the physical nature of what you're describing.  Sometimes, if it is useful for one child, it helps more members of the family as well.

If the description of the remedy sounds helpful, you can find Saccharinum with Helios which is a well respected homeopathic pharmacy in the UK.  They do mail order and are not expensive.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just started reading http://www.amazon.com/Whats-Eating-Your-Child-Connection/dp/0761161198/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356376440&sr=8-1&keywords=whats+eating+your+child and already  it's quite the eye-opener for me. Like you, I don't give my son sugar, or anything else unhealthy, so I thought we were doing ok. He's a somewhat picky eater but until now I just kind of accepted that as a phase. The book is written as a kind of detective story that helps you look at your child's "clues" (symptoms and behaviors) to come up with ideas of what foods and nutrients they may be sensitive to or need more of. Pretty much every behavior you mentioned, she discusses. I'm not one to jump on every book out there, but I have the feeling this one may make a real difference in terms of how we approach eating, and hopefully that may help with some of the behaviors and sensory experiences that pose challenges for him. Good luck!

Old 12-24-2012, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Is your DS vaccinated? What were is apgar scores? When was the cord cut - ie immediately or was it left until it finished pulsating? Did he have problems nursing? Was he a colicy baby? Did he have or does he have sleep issues? Is he a picky eater? Does he have gut issues? Does he have allergies or eczema? Do you suspect nutritional deficiences? Has he had any infections that required antibiotics? Does he have midline issues, that is problems crossing his body? How is his muscle tone? How is his balance? Did the doctor ask any of these questions? 

He followed the usual vaccination schedule until 12mths, but has not yet had the mmr. 

His apgar score was 9 (possibly 8, i dont remember) He was born bluish but pinked up quickly. I was so scared int hat first minute when i saw him emerging bluish and not crying. But it passed quickly (Thank Gd) He nursed easily. His cord was cut an hour after birth after it had not pulsating (one reason i had a homebirth was to ensure that the cord would not be prematurely cut) He was not a colicky baby, but never napped predictably. He slept through the night early on (like his brother) and never had night time sleep issues.

He is becoming more of a picky eater now.

I dont know about nutritional deficiences, i give him a multivitamin and omega 3's. He could probably do with more protein.

Never had antibiotics or infections requiring them.  

Not sure about midline issues (what is that? like the ability to do up a zip-interhemispheric brain communication?) Not sure, but he does do up his coat zip.

His balance is fantastic, this kid is an olympic level scooter rider (scary for me)

Muscle tone-not sure, he is skinny. I want him to eat more.

Thanks for asking

Old 12-24-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglife View Post

Look up Tinus Smitts on the internet.  He was a dutch homeopath who created a system called inspiring homeopathy.  One of the remedies he prescribed frequently (he passed away 3 years ago) is called Saccharinum (table sugar) used to deal with just this issue (sugar craving) as well as the typical gamut of ADHD symptoms often seen in young boys.  His website is an interesting read.  He summarizes his remedies well so you can get a feel for them.  He uses these remedies as "universal miasms" covering the complexity of the new human condition of this past century such as too much food and carbs, toxins and vaccines. 

Most of us express a lack of self love or acceptance at one point in our lives, and sometimes, although a home is loving and caring, can inadvertently pass on our lack of self acceptance to our children because they read us so well.  Saccharinum is a remedy which helps us love ourself and not look to "sugar" as a substitute for love.  Sorry if that's deep.  Homeopathy has an emotional component but will also deal with the physical nature of what you're describing.  Sometimes, if it is useful for one child, it helps more members of the family as well.

If the description of the remedy sounds helpful, you can find Saccharinum with Helios which is a well respected homeopathic pharmacy in the UK.  They do mail order and are not expensive.

Thankyou. I  look forward to researching that. Incidentally, my midwife recommended i take him to a naturpath after observing his behavior (very obnoxious to her and his grandmother, although has since calmed down considerably ). I will be taking him in the new year and plan to take my older son too.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I will check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by baltmom View Post

I just started reading http://www.amazon.com/Whats-Eating-Your-Child-Connection/dp/0761161198/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356376440&sr=8-1&keywords=whats+eating+your+child and already  it's quite the eye-opener for me. Like you, I don't give my son sugar, or anything else unhealthy, so I thought we were doing ok. He's a somewhat picky eater but until now I just kind of accepted that as a phase. The book is written as a kind of detective story that helps you look at your child's "clues" (symptoms and behaviors) to come up with ideas of what foods and nutrients they may be sensitive to or need more of. Pretty much every behavior you mentioned, she discusses. I'm not one to jump on every book out there, but I have the feeling this one may make a real difference in terms of how we approach eating, and hopefully that may help with some of the behaviors and sensory experiences that pose challenges for him. Good luck!

Old 12-24-2012, 02:06 PM

Given your answers to my, going to a naturpath or a classical homeopathic doctor seems like a great course of action for you. Good luck.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 12-24-2012, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Didnt answer all of your questions-no, no gut issues that ive noticed. He seems to have regular and healthy bowels movements

No allergies or eczema that ive noticed (except last year when he developped dry skin from the cold that only went away with the warmer weather. I am grateful that it has not returned.)

I havent noticed any particular reaction to  dairy or wheat, but certainly to sugar. It doesnt rule it out food intolerances though i suppose.

Quote:

Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post

Didnt answer all of your questions-no, no gut issues that ive noticed. He seems to have regular and healthy bowels movements

No allergies or eczema that ive noticed (except last year when he developped dry skin from the cold that only went away with the warmer weather. I am grateful that it has not returned.)

I havent noticed any particular reaction to  dairy or wheat, but certainly to sugar. It doesnt rule it out food intolerances though i suppose.

Quote:

It sounds to me that self-regulation is a major challenge for him. Checking for nutritional deficiencies and or intolerances seems worthwhile. But I would definitely explore livinglife's suggestions for homeopathic remedies. Some transdermal magnesium, might be of value to help him regulate. I find it an amazing cure-all!

t

Old 12-24-2012, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If eating sugar gives him a high, he will crave it. If, then, the high is followed by a crash, he will have such low blood sugar that he will be likely to be inflexible, emotional, prone to aggression. Does he eat meat? If he's not getting enough B-12,omega-3 or cholesterol, that can also cause inflexiblity and aggression.

If it were me, I'd be removing all sugar from the house, including fruit juice. Expect anger and aggression in response. After about a month, you may be able to add juice back. If he starts sneaking it again, it'll have to go for longer. If you see an improvement in attitude, you'll know you're onto something. I'd also remove artificial flavors, colors, and sweeteners.

My son gets migraines from sugar, and all artificial stuff. When the migraine is building, he had to have everything his way. He's been free of those things for years, and has compassion, flexibility and an easy going nature. Two years ago he tried a taste of a muffin with "hardly any sugar", and it made him feel light headed, his stomach was digesting itself, and cranky (he felt like yelling at everyone and was stressed). His senses were overloaded. Sounds were very clear and louder. Colors were brighter. As a teen he is able to express all this, which he could not when young.

We don't know why he cannot handle sugar, but my brother has type 1 diabetes, and I've always struggled with sugar highs and lows. We both live without sugar, and get along with each other and others better.

I don't think the left handedness is relevant, but who knows.

My son also has a zinc allergy. He cannot wear a watch or have snaps touch his skin. Even the button on his jeans must have an underwear barrier to protect his skin. In addition, he must wear natural fibers. Polyester or acrylic would make him hot and irritable. My mother also has the zinc allergy, and would climb the walls in polyester or acrylic.

As a side note, neither my mother nor my son showed any pox when exposed to chicken pox. They didn't seem sick, at all. We don't know if either of them actually has antibodies to chicken pox.

I'm dairy allergic, so he hasn't had dairy for most of his life. His father tried giving him cheese and ice cream when he was a toddler, but he didn't like it, so I put a stop to his father's pressure to eat dairy.

He reacts badly to chemicals, too, so our cleaning products are natural and home made. We use liquid castile soap instead of other soaps and detergents. He got rashes eating conventional food, so we buy and eat only organics. Because of his allergies/intolerances and mine, we make *everything* from scratch. My son is a pretty good cook!

Hope this helps.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:54 PM

Some of what you wrote suggests SPD ( the oral sensory seeking, uncomfortable clothing.). An evaluation by an occupational therapist might give you more answers. Occupational therapy may also help with self-regulation and rigid thinking. Google "sensory diet" to get started at home, too.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

This is what I was going to suggest. Finding dietary or other causes may be the long-term solution. But an occupational therapist can help with some of the sensory and behavioral issues, even before you have a concrete diagnosis or long term plan. They tend to approach things from a one thing at a time, problem-solving point of view - What can we do about this specific issue, here and now? Good luck!

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

Old 12-25-2012, 01:09 PM

I disagree with the idea that dietary changes are long term *only*. The sooner dietary changes are made, the sooner real results can be achieved, if the changes make things better. I view diet as the first try, not later or last.

Also, OP, to expand my previous post, eating out would not be possible until the sugar addiction is under better control (your child's that is). When there's no more sneaking fruit or fruit juice at home, then you may try eating out. Until then, take out is all you can do.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:31 PM

I agree about getting an evaluation, too.  I know it is hard, but try to document different things, so that when you go to the ped or ot, you  can share specific issues that are of concern.  Interestingly enough last night I came across an article that was on NPR about sugar and kids.  It suggested that kids crave and need sugar as part of the growing process in a way that adults do not.  I was surprised.  

Old 12-25-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa17s View Post

I agree about getting an evaluation, too.  I know it is hard, but try to document different things, so that when you go to the ped or ot, you  can share specific issues that are of concern.  Interestingly enough last night I came across an article that was on NPR about sugar and kids.  It suggested that kids crave and need sugar as part of the growing process in a way that adults do not.  I was surprised.  

Please read the post #29 in the following thread, especially regarding sugar. It jumped out at me, and I thought about the child here.

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/newestpost/1370196
Old 12-25-2012, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:

I just started reading http://www.amazon.com/Whats-Eating-Your-Child-Connection/dp/0761161198/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356376440&sr=8-1&keywords=whats+eating+your+child
and already  it's quite the eye-opener for me. Like you, I don't give my son sugar, or anything else unhealthy, so I thought we were doing ok. He's a somewhat picky eater but until now I just kind of accepted that as a phase. The book is written as a kind of detective story that helps you look at your child's "clues" (symptoms and behaviors) to come up with ideas of what foods and nutrients they may be sensitive to or need more of. Pretty much every behavior you mentioned, she discusses. I'm not one to jump on every book out there, but I have the feeling this one may make a real difference in terms of how we approach eating, and hopefully that may help with some of the behaviors and sensory experiences that pose challenges for him. Good luck!

Thanks for the book recommendation. I hadn't heard of it before but it sounds terrific. I'm going to pick it up at our library when it opens back up on Thursday.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

To everyone, thanks for sharing stories and information here, all very helpful.

We recently got hit with the stomach bug. 4yo ds  barely ate for about 3 days. When he was finally able to eat again, he was no longer interested in orange juice, but consumed a whole grapefruit (we have this for breakfast, without sugar)  Now he wants more grapefruit. I am more comfortable with that.

I wonder if the sugar issue  is separate from his seeming inability to change his mind/go with the flow/intransigence/fixation,  (my father actually finds it difficult to go with the flow, and  has his life a planned a couple of years in advance....he gets very irritated with a change of plans), or whether his sugar addiction, is really a manifestation of his propensity to become addicted to anything (some people seem to have more addictive personalities than others), and is related in that way to his brain chemistry.....dunno

Old 12-26-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Having just read this (thanks for the link), it makes more sense why ds loves fruit so much. Maybe this is the sugar nature intended. 

Quote:

Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 AM

Contactmaya, please read post #29.

Just because children do not seem to have a limit to how much sugar they will take in at any one time, does *not* mean they *need* sugar. Fruit and fruit juice is suffucient. Other sugars are not necessary.

I hope things improve for him! Maybe the three days will be enough, for now, to get him away from sugar. I urge you to consider keeping sugary foods out of the house. And I wish your whole family a happ new year!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:05 PM

Something I've noticed about the sugar addicts (ourselves included) is that not just table sugar can do the bad thing. We look at things that make the "off button" malfunction, as in we keep going after them even if we're technically full, or we go for a bump a couple hours after consuming these things. If I catch the first bump we're okay for the day, but if I miss it, we're the types that will nightwake for that bump or have "a case of the sweeties"...here is a list of what we recognize at home as sugar-bumping trigger foods, and what other sugar addicts have also shared with me:

coffee (I go for it when I'm bumping back up)

fake sugar (like in diet pop, drink mixes, "sugar-free" foods)

honey, agave, pure maple syrup

oranges, watermelon, cantaloupe, mango, pineapples

nuts and nut butter, tahini

salt

butter, buttermilk, cream

avocados

bread

noodles, couscous, most grains

condiments like salad dressing, mayo, soy sauce, ketchup

The obvious bad ones like baked goods and candies and the like

When I'm high on sugar (which could be for weeks on end), I'm hyper-focused, yet always uncomfortable, I can't seem to sit still, I'm more irritable (like, I have to put a lot of effort into "calm"), and I'm dominated by the thoughts of "gotta get over to the grocery for a bit of chocolate or something". I'm also a sensory nightmare. Everything is too loud, too sharp, too itchy, too bright, too stinky, too everything. I walk around with earplugs. Seriously. When I'm coming off sugar, I use coffee a lot as my medicine, and then have to come down from the coffee after a week or so...but it does work. We luckily haven't been hit with alcoholism, but from my experience it can be especially serious for those who are sugar addicts, and sugar addicts are often found in families with a history of alcoholism. I think it's the off-button thing.

The true test is to do a day of veg only. If the people around get all crappy over wanting something else to eat, or are saying "I'm hungry!!!!" and whining about it, there could be an issue present. It's hard to say "holy cow. I've created a bad scene here with my pancakes. Pancakes are GOOD. They have to be! 'They' say it's party, not the sugar, right????" But once I was able to sit back and watch and be really open-minded, I saw a lot. I first noticed it in DD when she came home twinkly-eyed after school. Then crabby, then the case of the sweeties, then okay, then case of the sweeties. I asked her teacher and found out....yes. it was a treat day. Even though I've told school DD is sensitive to sugar, she still gets hit now and then. Now, I just put a bowl of spinach down in front of her and I don't fetch anything else until we have a full tummy of clean food. It seems to help, and she notices it too--to the point that she now will say she thinks she needs a bowl of leaves on those days.

I'm not saying we never touch these things--I mean..it's really hard to keep a totally clean home, but it's always a goal. Right now we still have spaghetti sundays, but I wait dinner until late so when we crash we're going to sleep anyway. Totally not healthy. DD was on board with clean eating, but wanted us to keep spaghetti for a while. I've been doing a spaghetti squash and have tried doing zucchini in the spirooli for spaghetti so eventually that will replace it. We don't go out to eat anymore. Really. There's a place that does fish and veg, and we'll do that now and again, but it's pretty pricey when we're saying "just the fish and veg--none of the other things" but paying for the whole deal anyway.

I'll go take a look at the NPR thing.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:

I'll give you 'crave' but 'need' might be a stretch there. It's old news that kids like the taste of sweet and that it's a survival thing still hard-wired....but we can't make the jump to "now it's okay to give them all they crave"....because when those evolutionary survival features were wired into us, we didn't have koolaid...but I bet we ate a ton of fruit, yah? The fruitarians seem to think so. I've seen some interesting things from the "30 bananas a day" people.

I'd be curious as to what they see kids with no exposure saying. I bet it's something different. The standard kid in the US today is all about sugar..but is that due to exposure? They have a tolerance, maybe?

Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 PM

Ohh! And systemic yeast is something I've seen in kids who are always chewing on stuff. That might explain the sugar stuff too. Yeast just loves the sugar. We used to have parents try probiotics (acidophilus live culture) as a first run...then if that was working we'd shift them to the homeo folks for a while to finish clearing that all up. Most of the time we never saw those kids again in behavioral med.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thats something to consider, the yeast and chewing connection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanamommyphd07 View Post

Ohh! And systemic yeast is something I've seen in kids who are always chewing on stuff. That might explain the sugar stuff too.  

As far as the NPR article about children naturally 'craving' sugar my first son, now 7, was never exposed to it (it was just me and him, so easy to control. Then came no2 and all hell broke loose....), he didnt know the difference between vanilla  and chocolate, had never eaten ice cream or cake. When offered chocolate as a night time special snack at a friends place, he looked at it disinterestedly, and opted instead for a nursing session (his same aged friend  gobbled  up the chocolate)

Then i put him in a part time parent co op preschool, and the teacher had cooking sessions with the kids. Nice in theory, except it was  muffins or cakes they were baking....and he was introduced to sugar. It was downhill from there.  Having said that, he has never had quite the same addictive tendencies as his 4yo brother, and is much better at self regulation.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Likewise to you family. Thanks for the link. Interesting discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

Contactmaya, please read post #29.
Just because children do not seem to have a limit to how much sugar they will take in at any one time, does *not* mean they *need* sugar. Fruit and fruit juice is suffucient. Other sugars are not necessary.
I hope things improve for him! Maybe the three days will be enough, for now, to get him away from sugar. I urge you to consider keeping sugary foods out of the house. And I wish your whole family a happ new year!
Old 12-31-2012, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

I went to the supermarket and spent a small fortune on gluten free products. So my ds4 has been gluten free a few days now, and my jaw is dropping in amazement. He has been calmer, no more tantrums!, instead of saying, 'im hungry mama' constantly, and heading for anything with sugar in it (which in our house is chocolate), he actually said (after eating gluten free pancakes i made), 'im full'. And has been calm and happy. He couldnt care less about OJ anymore. 

My other son could probably benefit too...we.ll see. Havent made any smoothies yet, still cant decide which blender to get.

I ordered the book recommended upthread too. Thankyou!

Old 12-31-2012, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanamommyphd07 View Post

Ohh! And systemic yeast is something I've seen in kids who are always chewing on stuff. That might explain the sugar stuff too. Yeast just loves the sugar. We used to have parents try probiotics (acidophilus live culture) as a first run...then if that was working we'd shift them to the homeo folks for a while to finish clearing that all up. Most of the time we never saw those kids again in behavioral med.

ps yeast can become a problem for those with gluten issues apparently.... (gluten syndrome is my favorite term, encompassing any version of gluten intolerance)

Old 12-31-2012, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thats the book i ordered. Thanks for posting this.

Quote:

Old 12-31-2012, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

oh and....happy new year!!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post

I went to the supermarket and spent a small fortune on gluten free products. So my ds4 has been gluten free a few days now, and my jaw is dropping in amazement. He has been calmer, no more tantrums!, instead of saying, 'im hungry mama' constantly, and heading for anything with sugar in it (which in our house is chocolate), he actually said (after eating gluten free pancakes i made), 'im full'. And has been calm and happy. He couldnt care less about OJ anymore. 

My other son could probably benefit too...we.ll see. Havent made any smoothies yet, still cant decide which blender to get.

I ordered the book recommended upthread too. Thankyou!

I'm trying to decide between the total blender and the vitamix myself! I just gave away my second juicer (a Breville) to my mom, so I'm left with nothing to pulverize kale. We make a lot of "candy" with bananas, watermelon, etc. with our excalibur dehydrator. Just plain and simple fruit, but if we slice it thick it turns into something close to caramels. mmmmm. Especially when we're feeling sweety.

Talk about some awesome news, though!! Rock on, momma! You'll have the place shining in no time. 

Do you have Netflix? I always find when I'm trying to monitor things better at home if I rewatch things like fat, sick and nearly dead or forks over knives and those sorts of documentaries I stay more on track.

User Tag List