chromosome 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-26-2012, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there - I'm new to this forum.  We just found out that our 2 year old son has a small deletion on chromosome 8.  He's developmentally delayed but progressing along the normal curve - just later.  He received services through EI since he was 18 months old.  I don't know all the specifics or where the deletion is but would appreciate any advice.  My husband and I are having testing done on Friday to see if we have the same deletion to help determine if this deletion is significant or not.  I'm lost & overwhelmed... thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-28-2012, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi, have you checked out this site? 

http://rarechromo.org/html/home.asp

They have info on all the different issues with each chromosome. Here are the search results for 8:

http://rarechromo.org/html/bychromo.asp?chr=8&arm=%25&dis=%25&bychromoSearch=Search&ps=25

My daughter has a small deletion on 9. She is 3 and doing awesome. She is delayed but not more than 9-12 months behind, and she had a lot of complications with her birth that caused her first year to be a write off developmentally. We heard a lot of scary info from genetics when she was born- but she is writing her own story. Definitely not following their prognosis. :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page