Muscle tone changing at almost 4 years old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter is undiagnosed but has many different needs and has global developmental delays. She will be 4 in April. She has always been very low tone throughout her body however, in the last 6 months her tone is worsening. It started with her right thigh and hip moving to a high tone hypertonia and the rest of her body was still very hypotonic. At our last physiatry appointment it has progressed even worse and now the high tone has spread to her both thighs and hips and the back of both shins. She still has low tone in her trunk and ankles and her ankles have produced a clonus in the last 6 months.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had their children's muscle tone change over this late? I know it is pretty common in children with CP to switch from one to the other, but typically it is at a much younger age. Just wondering if it is normal or not? Her PT thought it was strange. She does not have spina bifida or anything that would typically cause a change like that. Thanks for the input!

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

#2 of 2 Old 01-15-2013, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just bumping this in case anyone has any familiar experience.

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page