Where can I find a chart showing mean age for motor skills and age ranges for 1 or 2 standard deviations below - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2013, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Where can I find a chart showing the mean age for motor skills and age ranges for 1 or 2 standard deviations below this mean?

I know this is what the OT and PT's do when they evaluate for delays, but I'd like to be able to look at this myself.  An independent OT and PT have said my DS (almost 4) is 1 to 2 SD below mean in motor skills.  Some skills are better and some less developed.  Private OT and PT are too costly.  DS is being evaluated by the public school system, but he will not qualify for help through the school unless they see this as either an educational issue or see that he is 2 SDs below where he should be. 

I want to make sure I am armed with all the info I can get when I go into the meeting with the school system. I feel like I'd be a better advocate if I knew more about what he is close to the mean with and what is lagging. 

Anyone know where I can find something like this?

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://faculty.mccneb.edu/JFAUCHIER/psy121jf/Projects_SS04/Jenni%20Powers/PSY121jf/milestones.html 

This is pretty comprehensive.

Walking to raise money for Apraxia - feel free to join me if you are in the area or donate http://www.apraxia-kids.org/southjerseywalk/juliefoxx
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  But sadly, the link is not working for me  :(    Does that link work for anyone else? Maybe it's just my computer.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Old 02-01-2013, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just google your question - there are a ton of sites which offer the milestones.  

Walking to raise money for Apraxia - feel free to join me if you are in the area or donate http://www.apraxia-kids.org/southjerseywalk/juliefoxx
Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I was looking for what is considered 2 standard deviations below those milestones.  I know he is not meeting milestones, but if not being able to ride a tricycle at 4 years old is only 1.5 standard deviations below the norm, he won't qualify for help from the school system.  I'm struggling to find charts that give that kind of specific information. 

User Tag List