CHD Mamas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know I can't be the only "1 in 100" mother out there. Stand up and be counted! What are you doing for CHD awareness week? How is your LO doing?

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-16-2013, 05:02 PM

my 15 month old had his first open heart surgery a year ago, on Valentine's Day, when he was 3 months old. We were all hoping, his cardiologist included, that it would be a "one and done" fix. But now it looks he'll need another open heart surgery this year. He has limb differences, too, which are his more "obvious" birth defects, and I almost forget sometimes about his heart. I'm dreading another surgery.

april. 

#3 of 4 Old 02-19-2013, 10:04 AM

My 2.5 year old son, Apollo, was born with a double aortic arch. He had  two heart surgeries in two different states last year and a g-tube placed. He is doing well (though still struggles with his health). I didn't do anything special for CHD  awareness week, but I blog about his heart regularly on my family blog. You can read the short version here: Apollo's Story.

#4 of 4 Old 02-19-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombus View Post

my 15 month old had his first open heart surgery a year ago, on Valentine's Day, when he was 3 months old. We were all hoping, his cardiologist included, that it would be a "one and done" fix. But now it looks he'll need another open heart surgery this year. He has limb differences, too, which are his more "obvious" birth defects, and I almost forget sometimes about his heart. I'm dreading another surgery.

My son needed two heart surgeries for his defect that only requires one :( I have yet to meet a parent who's child needed two to fix a double aortic arch. Heart surgery sucks.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page