q22? Please help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I have a 3 week old daughter that I suspect has this.  We  just sent her blood for a FISH q22 test and should receive results on Tuesday.  This wait is killing me.  The issues she has are recessed jaw, wide spaced eyes, double hair whorls, feeding issues, large space between big toe and next one, widely spaced nipples, low tone in neck, trunk and shoulders, etc.  But those are the just the ones I have noticed.  Oh and she is overly sleepy!  I know I shouldn't complain, but it is excessive and worries me. 

I have been reading through old posts and saw a few from momtotwoboys and momtoalexissarah...I think?  Does anyone know if they are still around?  Or are there other parents who have traveled this road?

I am sick with worry and falling apart.  How did this happen?  We went from being ecstatic to devastated in just a couple weeks. The anxiety is almost unbearable. 

Thank you for your time.

#2 of 9 Old 02-15-2013, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I mean 22q.
#3 of 9 Old 02-16-2013, 05:04 AM

How are you doing? I have no experience with Q22 but do know how awful it is to wait for an answer about the health of your baby. I hope your wait goes quickly!

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#4 of 9 Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 AM

Hi, try this site.

http://www.rarechromo.org/html/home.asp

Under information they have disorder leaflets. It's hard when you don't know exactly what is going on- but you can look at the 22Q stuff. 

Also try not to panic. Just love your baby and wait for the results. My dd has a deletion on chromosome 9. 3 years ago we were totally panicked and reading lots of disheartening information. She has written her own story and a lot of what we read does not apply to her. Even if your daughter has a chromosome error, there is no way to predict how it will effect her. 

Congratulations on your new baby!

#5 of 9 Old 02-17-2013, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the replies. Anyone have any tips on coping with the fear and anxiety? Feel like I am drowning. ...
#6 of 9 Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 PM

Stay busy! Don't let yourself think about it. If you can, find nurses or doctors to talk to about this disorder. Information seemed to help me wait more patiently. There's really nothing else you can do to keep away the anxiety greensad.gif

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#7 of 9 Old 02-17-2013, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Yes researching and naking appointments has made me feel a little bit better. Being proactive always feels better than being reactive. I am naturally a bit of a worrier...so this has taken on a li fe of its own.
#8 of 9 Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowymommy View Post

Thank you for the replies. Anyone have any tips on coping with the fear and anxiety? Feel like I am drowning. ...

For me it was being proactive. Getting in therapy right away. I also found this organization early on. They made a huge difference for us. Having a home therapy program for me to do really made me feel like I was making a contribution to my child. As a natural born "fixer" it was so so great for me- and for her too! 

http://nacd.org/labels/genetic_disorders.php

#9 of 9 Old 02-28-2013, 07:49 PM

momtotwoboys doesn't get on here anymore, but she gave me her permission to give you her email and send you to her facebook if you would like to ask her some questions! I will PM you her info.

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page