My Baby Was Born With No Foot, and Now She is Walking ... a Miracle ... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I learned at my 17-week ultrasound (I thought I was 20-weeks at the time) that my baby did not have a foot, and later learned of a ton of other various complications, this forum is where I came for some great support and advice from other parents of children that are a little bit different ...

In the weeks before my delivery, the unsympathetic doctors were using all sorts of scare tactics to get me to agree to an induced labor, telling me that my baby is dying in my womb and there is a good chance she will not be alive when she is born ... it was so awful talking to some of those doctors.  Can I call them bitches on here?

Well she is 3 now, and she has survived some of the most intense surgeries involving procedures that I did not even know were possible.  She has so much personality and determination, and she was the youngest child in my region to get a prosthetic device (when she was 8 months).  Now that she is older and able to assert herself, she tells me that sometimes she prefers not to wear her prosthesis.

Take a look at how my miracle baby moves around now ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHw0Ti8OCtM

I wish all those doctors that were questioning her life back then could see how she is bustling with it now.

She makes me so excited about life and she truly has offered me a purpose the I never before recognized.  Many of the mothers I met on here encouraged me to write a book about my story and I still want to do so - I just need to find the time!

In the meanwhile, if you would like updates on our day-to-day life, please follow me on Twitter! 

http://www.twitter.com/LinaTrivedi

Bless you all, mothers and fathers of the special children of the world!

Send a free breast cancer ribbon to a woman you care about to remind them to get their annual mammogram - early detection can save lives!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 11:41 AM

Thank you for sharing this message of hope for moms who hear that their babies will be less than perfect. Obviously your doctors were wrong- your daughter is completely wonderful! 

Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!  That was exactly why I posted - I know I was so uncertain about what kind of life she would have, and the way the doctors told me some parts of her condition made her sound like she was going to look like some science fiction project - I was so scared and upset ... and as you can see, she is a complete rockstar and all the little things the doctors said that scared me about her appearance I find completely and totally endearing. 

Outside of her foot, her hands are different, her eyes are different, her skin is different, her mouth is different ...so much more, and it is all so cute to me ... I find her uniqueness so beautiful and nothing like how the doctors described in their cold and technical terms.  We just need to remember that there is a higher power that guides life and the purpose of life, not the practitioners of modern medicine, as great as they are.

All the best to all the parents out there in similar boats as me :)

Send a free breast cancer ribbon to a woman you care about to remind them to get their annual mammogram - early detection can save lives!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Wow, what an inspiring video!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Ahhhhh! She is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this!

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

Old 03-24-2013, 12:23 AM

Look at her go! I can tell she is a beautiful, spunky little girl. Good for you, Mom, for meeting her needs and helping her to come so far! This is so inspiring.

Raising and educating free-range kids in our farmhouse at the maple woods. In March, find us in the sugarbush making pure maple syrup.

1 me + 1 hubby + 4 kids + 5 goats + 3 pigs + 3 dozen chickens + 6 ducks = 1 crazy place
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM

She's amazing! Thank you for sharing.

Happy mama to DS1 (2006), DS2 (2007) & DD (2012)

Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 AM

Thank you for sharing that video, what an inspiration she is!

As inspiration to you and eventually your daughter, you might want to learn more about Sarah   Reinertsen.  She is now on adult and an athlete although she also was born without a foot.  She was an inspiration as a child; she never seemed to feel there was anything she couldn't do.  As an adult, she has gone on to prove that. 

User Tag List