arachnoid cyst-- anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-03-2013, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hello, my beautiful son has an arachnoid cyst in his left temporal lobe.

i didn't know until recently when he became very ill when it ruptured but he has been symptomatic for some time i just didn't understand until now. he is almost 3and a half.

he had a craniotomy fenestration 5 weeks ago in america and is more comfortable now. we are waiting to see if he will need a shunt.

i am trying to understand as much as i can about this condition and i would love to connect with others who live with someone, or they themselves, have a symptomatic arachnoid cyst.

i am a full time stay at home mother and a solo parent for 90% of the time. (my husband works in america, the children and i live in the caribbean). so i am with my son literally every moment of his life so far. and yet i didn't realize how uncomfortable he was for much of his life. i just unconditionally accepted him for who he was. i think he is amazing. but yes, different from any other child or person i have ever known in many ways. 

i would like to have others to talk with who also love someone with this condition (even if it's yourself) and who can also express how they feel and experiences that living with ac brings.

thank you, namaste

im oisin's mum 15april10 and faelan's mum 29nov12. "just to be alive is enough" suzuki.roshi
#2 of 2 Old 09-03-2013, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my email is oisinsmum@gmail.com if you would like to communicate privately. it would be great to talk with real people who are touched by this. i live on a very small island with not many people so my chances of meeting anyone who understands my awesome son or how he feels are slim! but it would mean alot to us. thanks!

im oisin's mum 15april10 and faelan's mum 29nov12. "just to be alive is enough" suzuki.roshi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page