Supplements for ADD/ADHD? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-27-2013, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking for advice about books, supplements or remedies for my daughter. She's 9.5, and I think she has some behaviors similar to ADD or ADHD. I'm not interested in getting her diagnosed or medicating her. But we are really struggling to keep her focused and on task, and it's been stressful for all of us. In reading through some past threads, I've seen Dr. Sears ADD book mentioned as well as one called Quirky Kids. Are their others that approach it from a natural point of view? 

I've also seen vitamins and supplements recommended: zinc, magnesium, B vitamins, and vitamin D and C, omegas and probiotics.

Natural or homeopathics remedies I've found are essential oils, specifically the doterra blends, for focus, calming and grounding. There are also some remedies made by a company called Native remedies. One is called Brightspark, and the other is called Focus Formula.

I'd be interested in hearing about these or any others that you may or may not have had success with. Thanks!
#2 of 2 Old 10-30-2013, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After doing a lot of reading and research, I think the first thing were going to try is vitamins. I read a post here where the Mom suggested a book, but also said she has ADD herself and hadn't read it yet. I have searched and searched for it, but can't find it again. If you know what I'm talking about, could you link it?

I am now trying to figure out the correct doses and which vitamins to buy. Should I buy them all separately? Start with a multi vitamin? I was thinking about trying Kids Calm Multi, has anyone used it? Either that, or Rainbow Light has a line of product for kids, so I thought we could do the multi, plus omegas and probiotics.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page