Calling all special needs mommys and daddys - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-21-2014, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I am a sister of a sweet 9 year old boy who has downs. I am currently in school and am doing a project on special needs families, I am trying to see special needs families are getting the most out of therapy. Could you please take less then one minute to take my 6 question survey below. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much and God bless you wonderful mommys and daddys!

P.s Please send survey in by 4/30/2014

If you dont feel comfortable answering on this board please message me directly

aubreanna12@yahoo.com

I will not bother you with anything after!

Special Needs Services Survey

Please answer the following questions as honestly as possible.

How old is your child? ______

What special need does your child have? __________________

This survey is referring to any of the following therapies: Occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, and music therapy

Use the following scale for the next questions: 1 = Completely False 3 = Somewhat False 5 = No Opinion 7 = Somewhat True 9 = Completely True

1. I feel like my child has benefited from therapy (any of the four therapies listed above)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

2. I know what goals my therapist works on with my child.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

3. I work with my child on the goals he or she is learning in therapy at home.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

4. I would not be doing therapy for my child if I had to drive to an office to get such services.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

5. I do whatever it takes to get my child to their therapy

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

6. I have confidence that my child is pushed to work at his or her potential during therapy and is benefitting from this service

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

#2 of 3 Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Anyone interested in doing this survey?
#3 of 3 Old 04-26-2014, 08:31 AM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubreanna12 View Post

Hello, I am a sister of a sweet 9 year old boy who has downs. I am currently in school and am doing a project on special needs families, I am trying to see special needs families are getting the most out of therapy. Could you please take less then one minute to take my 6 question survey below. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much and God bless you wonderful mommys and daddys!

P.s Please send survey in by 4/30/2014

If you dont feel comfortable answering on this board please message me directly

aubreanna12@yahoo.com

I will not bother you with anything after!

Special Needs Services Survey

Please answer the following questions as honestly as possible.

How old is your child? __10____

What special need does your child have? ______autism____________

This survey is referring to any of the following therapies: Occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, and music therapy

Use the following scale for the next questions: 1 = Completely False 3 = Somewhat False 5 = No Opinion 7 = Somewhat True 9 = Completely True

1. I feel like my child has benefited from therapy (any of the four therapies listed above) 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

2. I know what goals my therapist works on with my child.2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

3. I work with my child on the goals he or she is learning in therapy at home.9

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

4. I would not be doing therapy for my child if I had to drive to an office to get such services. 9

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

5. I do whatever it takes to get my child to their therapy 9

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

6. I have confidence that my child is pushed to work at his or her potential during therapy and is benefitting from this service 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

My son is now 17, but I felt it would be more meaningful if I answered as I would have when he was younger. Although I tried many different therapy types, none fit my son's needs, and I never felt he benefited from therapy. Transportation was not the issue for us, but I know it is for many families.

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page