Neurological disorder? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-17-2014, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Neurological disorder?

I guess that's pretty broad. Son is 10 now. He's has ADHD and some other issues, we are waiting for further testing. He has been peeing in the house, mostly on the living room carpet. Then it started in his room. I decided to take him to the pediatrician. I thought maybe he had a blatter infection. It turns out he has no reflexes. There ate a few other things going on. He had a Tumor removed from his leg in oct 2013. And ever since then, even before now that I think about it, he says his leg hurts and his foot is a sleep. He walks differently than other children. I always thought it was just ADHD ticks. The dr says the peeing and not feeling the signal and having no reflexes can me connected. We have been doing so many healthy things for him. That have not been working. I wonder if this is the reason? Iam scared and I don't know who to turn to. All I can so is wait until he gets the MRI and ECG the blood work may tell us something. Does anyone have any stories or know of any children that have had this kind of thing??

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#2 of 4 Old 07-18-2014, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
I'm sorry for what you are going through. It sounds like, even though he has had some mild differences for a while, you are really in the very early stages of figuring out what is going on with him.

I'm sorry that I don't know anything about the type of problems he is having. It's possible that once you start getting answers, it will be easier to find people who've had similar experiences and challenges.

Testing and waiting for results and interpretation of those results is scary. I'm sorry for what you and your family are going through right now.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#3 of 4 Old 07-27-2014, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yeah waiting is awful. We have has the boold work so far. Poor guy fainted after. I can stop looking things up. Worst case. A brain tumour. With all of his health problems as a baby I can not believe the dr's would have missed this. Waiting ........

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#4 of 4 Old 07-27-2014, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corysmilk View Post
Yeah waiting is awful. We have has the boold work so far. Poor guy fainted after. I can stop looking things up. Worst case. A brain tumour. With all of his health problems as a baby I can not believe the dr's would have missed this. Waiting ........
Thinking and praying for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page