To ALL parents with Special Needs Children - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2014, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To ALL parents with Special Needs Children

Hi, My name is Anna. I am not a parent, but I do work with children, have been for years now. I am on this site, to get a better look on how parents deal with their Expectional Learners. I am considering opening my own child care center in the future and would LOVE to have children with special needs in my center.I am a special education major also, so that is another reason I am doing this. working with kids is a passion of mine, I never want to lose it. I have already determined that in my center, there will be classes especially for SN children, depending on the level of help and attention they need. I really want it all. I don't want any child nor parent to feel as though( as a child) they are not able to learn or (as a parent) they can't get help. For those classes, there will definitely be teachers who have Special Education degrees and experience , along with a teachers assisant. I guess what I am looking for from you guys are What are some of the questions your would ask as a parent wanting to enroll their child and any other concerns? Also, I am welcome to answer any questions, this will definitely be a learning experience for me and will better help me think things through. Thank you all so much for your time and responses.

User Tag List