Mothering Forum banner

Question/Idea about Support

776 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pattimomma 
#1 ·
I am looking for a forum for support for families with kids with high levels of mental health needs. A place to vent/debrief after a crisis, commiserate about stresses, to discuss and learn about various treatment options, etc. Someplace non-judgmental, diverse or at least accepting of different styles and cultures.

Does anyone know of such a website? Or would anyone here be interested in co-founding something like that with me? Or could we perhaps just start such a thread here?

My high-needs kids are about grown and through the roughest stages, and I have some time to dedicate to this. And a friend who might be able to help. I don't know anything about web-site management, but I have a bit of experience (small bit!) with grant-writing and support group facilitating.

I know of much local need here, especially parents who can't easily get to an in-person support group, often because of the child's needs. I am sure there is need nationally, and internationally. At this point, I am just putting out feelers.

Does this already exist?

Do you agree there is a need?

Anyone interested in exploring this with me?

See less See more
#2 ·
I am looking for a forum for support for families with kids with high levels of mental health needs. A place to vent/debrief after a crisis, commiserate about stresses, to discuss and learn about various treatment options, etc. Someplace non-judgmental, diverse or at least accepting of different styles and cultures.

Does anyone know of such a website? Or would anyone here be interested in co-founding something like that with me? Or could we perhaps just start such a thread here?

My high-needs kids are about grown and through the roughest stages, and I have some time to dedicate to this. And a friend who might be able to help. I don't know anything about web-site management, but I have a bit of experience (small bit!) with grant-writing and support group facilitating.

I know of much local need here, especially parents who can't easily get to an in-person support group, often because of the child's needs. I am sure there is need nationally, and internationally. At this point, I am just putting out feelers.

Does this already exist?

Do you agree there is a need?

Anyone interested in exploring this with me?
http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=all_discussion_groups&Template=/Security/Login.cfm

There is NAMI but I've never used it so I don't know how good it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.