Anxious Mothers Club (School is Starting!) - Mothering Forums

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Letitia
  • 1 Post By Chalex

#1 of 9 Old 09-06-2015, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Anxious Mothers Club (School is Starting!)

Anyone want to join me? LOL

Not looking forward to dealing with school issues again. Sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 09-08-2015, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
I'm sorry you had a rough year last year, and I hope this year is better.

but everything has pros and consĀ  shrug.gif

#3 of 9 Old 09-09-2015, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, it has to be better!
But, I can already see that they are lightening the workload for DS.

Thanks!

#4 of 9 Old 09-10-2015, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
It's already the third week of school here. We also had a horrid year with DS1 last year. The week prior to school starting and the first week of school was quite rocky. We haven't had any issues this week. So far anyway!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#5 of 9 Old 09-10-2015, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
I'm in

My DD just started half day K. She's doing fine so far, but I'm anxious and feeling really uncertain. I don't like her having to follow so many silly rules and spend so much time constrained in order to learn when she's been learning just fine at home! I'm worried about her creativity and exuberance being stifled. I miss all the time she had to work on her own play. And although she seems fine at school, she's been a nightmare at home. She had a scary out of control tantrum at the mall the other day. I wasn't sure we would get home. Today wasn't much better. Sigh. Definitely feeling anxious.
#6 of 9 Old 09-11-2015, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

I was/am worried about my oldest son this year, but I ended up taking my middle DD home early yesterday. It was a school event and she was an emotional mess. Not her usual behaviour. She's my only child that likes school and is a social butterfly. It must be a real shock having to sit and listen and do school work again.

I also messed up this morning and forgot DS' meds. (adhd) What would you do? Run to the school and ask to see your child quick? I just left it and am hoping for the best. I'm picking him up in a little bit for an app't.

Glad to have others join the club, LOL! I was going to Like your posts, but it seemed wrong to Like your anxiousness!
#7 of 9 Old 09-13-2015, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
For my daughter, if work were not a factor that particular day, I'd go give her the meds. She is aware how much more able to concentrate she is when she's taken them. I don't so much care about the schoolwork part, but she does better socially at school when she's taken them.

I was anxious too because last year was a nightmare getting homework done, even with some special accommodations. So far so good this year.
Chalex likes this.
#8 of 9 Old 09-13-2015, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
My son (8) has developed an incredible fear of bees over the summer. He refuses to go outside for recess and lunch, and when we pick him up he's pacing in the classroom, hands over his ears, sobbing in terror at the thought of walking to the car. Thank goodness cold weather is coming.

Proud to support vaccine choice.
#9 of 9 Old 09-14-2015, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylittleTiger View Post
My son (8) has developed an incredible fear of bees over the summer. He refuses to go outside for recess and lunch, and when we pick him up he's pacing in the classroom, hands over his ears, sobbing in terror at the thought of walking to the car. Thank goodness cold weather is coming.
Oh my, MyLittleTiger!
Our school has a big hornet problem every year and my kids have been stung in the past. Not that the school doesn't try to control the problem, but the hornets are trying to get under the siding way up high. It's crazy!
Your poor son!
MylittleTiger likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page