Anyone have an EBD child in public school? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 01-30-2017, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Anyone have an EBD child in public school?

Hello all, I used to be active way back when my youngest was a baby but went dormant for a few years. Now that youngest is in kindergarten and we're having a hell of a time. He was diagnosed with EBD (emotional behavior disorder) in pre-k last year and was put on an IEP that is still in place this year. His behavior has been escalating since winter break, and today was his 5th OSS. I've had to pick him up early from school because of behaviors 4 times, and one time included an extra day of out of school suspension. I am just at a loss as to what to do for him, and quite honestly his special ed teacher isn't much help. She's trying her best but she flat-out said to me last week that she doesn't know what to do for him. He's already in her room the majority of the day and is only in the regular room for a few small portions of the day (and only with a para in the room), which I'm also not 100% comfortable with. Has anyone dealt with this type of situation before, and what accommodations they had that helped? I feel like if I asked for it they'd try their best to implement it, I just don't know what to ask for.

Single mom to 3 boys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page