Research study: Does your child physically hurt you? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 02-17-2017, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Arrow Research study: Does your child physically hurt you?

I am a doctoral student in clinical psychology at Antioch University Seattle. I am conducting a research study for my dissertation, and am hoping some of you may want to participate. I am looking for mothers of elementary-aged children (ages 5-10) who are aggressive towards you. If this happened in the relatively recent past, when your child was that age, but is not happening now that would be fine. Adoptive and foster parents are also welcome. I am looking to understand mother's experience, let them language it, and develop a theory that can guide clinicians in helping the family. Right now there is almost nothing in the literature. I also know from experience that it is a misunderstood phenomenon and I hope to empower mothers going through it by giving them a voice.

What would you need to do? Give me an hour or so of your time, via Skype or similar, and tell me about your experience.

This study has been approved by AUS's Institutional Review Board.

Interested? Feel free to message me at kermann@antioch.edu for more information or to set up an appointment for an interview.

Thanks, mamas!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page