my odsd doesn't have adhd after all but DMDD? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 06-27-2017, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
my odsd doesn't have adhd after all but DMDD?

so about 2.5 years after original dx and odsd was given a new more extensive evaluation and it turns out she doesn't not have adhd. We are all in a bit of shock here. So far there isn't a clear diagnosis but there are mentions of a mood dysregulation disorder caused by a tbi or possible emotional trauma, or both. Does anyone have any experience with this? We are trying to get her into the right dr but there are really long waitlists for the kind she needs. Ironically my dh was right he suspected tbi for a very long time. Odsd fell off a counter when cutoff mil was watching her at 6 months and she vomitted afterwards and dh and his ex were never notified and odsd was not taken to the hospital they found out when they picked her up the next day. Odsd also had another fall at 2 and then the emotional trauma of dh and his ex's divorce, sounds super complicated but odsd has had lots of progress thus far and her academics are good. It is mostly emotional issues/impulse control etc.

SAHM to DS 11, DSD 9, DD 6 and DSD 6 and DD born 2016.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2015 Happily in love with my Superman!

Last edited by kindofcrunchy82; 06-27-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-27-2017, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
sorry it is likely dmdd, https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topi...disorder.shtml

SAHM to DS 11, DSD 9, DD 6 and DSD 6 and DD born 2016.
2015 Happily in love with my Superman!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page